Fake Love | Chapter 21

I woke up, my shoulders felt heavy, my head pounding. I sat up, taking a deep breathe pushing away any thoughts. I hoped into the shower the water dripped onto me but it was freezing. My teeth chattered once i realised i turned the cold tap on. i quickly spun the other handle, making the mirrors fog up as the room filled with stream.

I did a quick job of my makeup, smudging my eyeliner multiple times. Before getting changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain grey singlet, pared with some Nikes.

I ran down my stairs, leaving the apartment building. Moments later i bumped into someone, literally bumped into them. Accidentally making her fall to the floor. "I'm so sorry.. Kayl-" i said in excitement. She jumped back up, suffocating me in a hug.

"Hey! how you been?" her chirpy voice asked.

"Good! How about you?" i replied politely.

"Uh, ok i guess. Dylan and I haven't been that great lately" she sighed.

"Oh.. What happened?" i asked concerned.

"He's angry because i won't take this new part i got in a television series" she shrugged.

"Why aren't you gonna accept?!" i stressed with a little anger.

"I have to go live in America.. And i don't want to leave Dyl, because long distance never works" she sighed.

"Oh sweetie, i'm sure you two will figure it out. You always do" i smiled calming down, realising her reason for it.

"I hope" she said quietly almost a whisper.

"I'll see you soon, yeah? We can have a movie night" i laughed.

"Sounds great" she giggled, continuing to walk down the busy street. I soon made it to the local cafe the small jingle of the bell rang as i walked in.

"Hello dear" the soft voice of Carol filled my ears.

"Hey" i replied tying the apron around my waist. I soon noticed a young boy, my age or maybe a year younger. He had short shaggy light brown hair. Bright hazel eyes and a charming smile. I starred at the young boy before Carol interrupted my train of thought. "Oh Maddie, meet Isaac. He'll be helping out around the cafe" she greeted up.

I grinned shaking his hand "nice to meet you".

He smirked "nice to meet you too, darling".

A few hours had passed and my shift had finally come to an end. I let out a deep yarn, ruffling my hair before patting it back down. "Well bye guys" i called out, hanging my apron on the hook.

"Uh hey.. wait" Isaac stopped me in my tracks.

"Whats up?"

"Wanna hang out, seen as we'll be working together.. May as well get to know each other" he shrugged.

"Uh..I guess, where you wanna go?" i asked.

"I heard theres a new bar down the road?" he suggested.

"A bar?" i questioned.

"Yep..Now come on" he laughed dragging me. We continued to walk down the streets, before he stopped. "Seems nice enough" Isaac shrugged.

I took a seat, ordering a water. Seen as i didn't like to drink. "A water seriously?" he chuckled deeply, taking a gulp of his beer.

"I don't drink often" i shrugged with a laugh.

"Ok then, Maddie. Tell me about yourself" he smiled leaning into his hair.

"Not much to tell, my name is Maddison Grace Watson and i'm eighteen.. And i've always wanted to be a writer. How about you Hazel" i asked leaning forward onto the table.