Fake Love | Chapter 34

"Maddie? What are y-you doing here?" he questioned, concern took over his eyes.

"I had a nightmare and I guess I'm just used to coming here... I'll just go" I chocked out, my confidence instantly drained once I looked into those blue eyes, I fell involve with.

He looked at me confused for a moment, but wasn't phased by what I had said. I was honestly explicating for him to shut the door on me. But he gestured me inside. "Come on Maddie" he whispered, bringing me inside. I tentatively shuffled in. The apartment wasn't very different from the last time i was here.

I turn back to Luke, who's starring at the ground awkwardly. "I-I'll take the couch and you can sleep in my bed or-"

"No i'll take the couch, this is your house" I reassured him. He nodded awkwardly before staggering up the stairs, mumbling to himself. I pulled the blanket that was hung over the couch and lay down, silently.

I starred at the blank ceiling, sighing to myself. After an hour of tossing and turning I found myself outside Luke's bedroom. The moon shun through the darkened hallway as the shadows from objects danced around the room.

"Luke" I knocked tentatively. I didn't wait for a response but opened the door slowly. I noticed Luke was sat in bed, his legs brought up to his chest.

"You ok?" He asked, not daring to bring his eyes to mine.

I shrugged in response before Luke broke the awkward tension. "We need to talk."

"I know..." I paused "I need to know the truth."

Luke stared at me, tears glazed his eyes. As if he were to break down any minute now but he didn't, he kept his walls up before taking a slow meaningful breathe.

"I guess I should tell you why I broke up with you" Luke's voice leaked with anxiousness and dash of awkwardness. Although that made me weakly smile, because he's always been very awkward.

I couldn't speak because all those endless nights crying over what he had said to be, weren't true. There was a different reason... I decided to just nod in response.

"Uh so a bunch of people kept harassing me, I don't even know them? But they told me to b-break up with you or they'll hurt you.. I didn't really understand who or why but I ignored it thinking it was some stupid prank..." He paused taking a breathe and bringing his eyes to mine. I stared at him blankly, wanting him to continue. "Then little after a week these low lives showed up at my door!? This is when I became concerned. They warned me plenty of times and if I didn't break up with you they were going to mentally and physically abuse you. So after endless nights of unsureness and tension. I finally decided to do what I thought was right, it was to protect you Maddie!

I knew that I'd become depressed because you were my whole world, god you still are! I broke up with you in a way, that you'd believe... I hated myself for it and I always will. But i never stopped loving you. Seeing you become so dark, terrified me because this was all my fault!" He wiped the tears that were now streaming down his flawless cheeks. "I-I never meant to hurt you, I never thought that you were gonna t-try commit. I was stupid ok! Fucking stupid.. I'm so sorry Maddie, and I don't want your forgiveness.. But you got to believe I only did it to protect you" He took one deep breathe of air before, hanging his head down low. "Because I love you"

My heart was beating at a pace I thought I might faint from. My hands sweating.. Everything that he said was repeating in my head. I didn't take my eyes away from the blonde haired boy, I love. "Luke..." I managed to choke out.

"Are you lying?" I questioned, already regretting it.

"No! No. I understand why it'd be hard to believe but I even have the messages to prove it" he whimpered.

I clung my arms around Luke, burying my head into his shoulder. He was startled by the sudden affection but calmed bringing his arms around my waist. "I love you Luke" I cried into his shoulder.

He tensed brining his eyes to mine. "No b-but what I did-"

I cut him off, shaking my head. "Luke... You did it to protect me. Lets just put this is the past.." I practically begged. Luke looked at me astonished, but a massive smile found it's way to his lips.

"I love you more then anything and i'm gonna spend the rest of my life proving it"

I lent in closer, our lips centimetres apart. My breathe was hitched in my throat my heart beating like mad. Luke connected out lips together. It was passionate yet soft and short. I missed this feeling more then anything and I felt light find its way back to my eyes. Luke smiled in a daze before bringing his lips to mine again, eagerly.

It had grown late into the night and Luke was sound asleep his arms tightly around my waist. I smiled to my self resting my head on his chest. And at that moment I felt infinite.

Chapter 34! There's only a few more chapters left till the story ends. I have written the ending and i'm so excited and sad about it..

Yay Maddie & Luke are back together... But how long will it last? :)

Also I put up a new Muke fanfic it's called 'Silence'. it'd mean so much to me if you read it!

Please vote, follow and of course comment!

Love you lots! xxxx