Fake Love | Chapter 13

The plane had finally come to a stop, my nails were clung into the plane chair as i now realised how much i hated when it landed. I snapped my eyes open as the pilots voice came though the speaker "this is your captain speaking, we have now arrived in sunny Los Angeles. Thank you for flying with us. We hope to see you again soon".

The first thing i noticed that the airport was loud, too loud. Airports weren't usually this noisy, and didn't make your head feel like it was exploding with every step. Then again, it may just be the nerves. Whatever, i can deal with this. I reminded my self. Head down, and just focus on the barely audible squeaking shoes. Then the point of the noise became obvious. Of course fans. Screaming, yelling and swinging signs around... Oh shit.

Lukes pov:

I looked over to Maddie, who once again had her hands stuffed in her jean pockets and her head hung down low. She wasn't good with these situations, it was more then obvious that she hated it. She looked up realising i was staring at her. I gave her a quick nod and she shrugged in response.

"Luke, Luke, oh my god" a young girl, probably around thirteen years old cried. Her hands were shaking uncontrollably. "Hey" i smiled at her. "Can i have a hug" she asked, nervously. A soft laugh left my lips at how shy she was. I pulled her into a hug. "You have helped me through so much" she whispered. I soon realised all the cuts up her arms "oh i'm so glad, i can help. Stay strong gorgeous, I'm so proud of you" i replied quietly. She smiled up at me before i got pushed by my security guard, to keep walking. Sometimes the only thing that makes me want to keep going in this band, is truly the fans. Being 'famous' isn't as great as it seems, it destroys you. The press ruins you... I may come off as rude and arrogant but its easier to act heartless... Those who are heatless once cared to much. But theres something about Maddie, that just makes me want to be happier, her smile just lightens my world. I don't know how but she's just got this thing about her, i can't quite explain it but i hope to figure it out soon.

Maddie's pov:

"Who are you!? I've seen so many photos of you everywhere, rumour is you are dating Luke!" a girl hissed. She had long, bright brown hair and hazel eyes. She seemed around the age of sixteen. "Uh what?" i stumbled back confused, bumping into another girl.

"Watch where you're going" she growled, she seemed extremely stressed. So i didn't take it to heart, she's probably been waiting here for hours.

"Hello! Are you going to answer my question" the same girl asked once again.

"Maddison, come on" I heard Ashton call, dragging me away from her.

"How the hell am i suppose to reply to that!" I stressed, pulling my hand through my hair. Ashton gave me an unsure expression, like he didn't know the answer himself.

I decided to go and sit over in the waiting area, the sound of all the screaming was almost making my ears bleed. As i made it over to the quieter area of the airport, i could finally hear how fast my heart was beating. Thank god i didn't get a panic attack... I turned my head realising there was someone softly sobbing next to me. She looked around fourteen, she was extremely underweight and was shaking unbelievably. Her long ombre hair was tied into a pony tail.

"Hey sweetie, are you ok?" i whispered next to me. She turned her head to face me, her bright blue eyes filled with tears.

"S-sorry was i being to loud" she stuttered, trying to control her breathing.

"No of course not, but whats wrong?.." i asked now confused.

"Its stupid don't worry about it" she mumbled, wiping her tears.

"Oh come on, i won't judge you lovely".

"I just wanted to meet 5 seconds of summer really bad but it's hopeless. I just get pushed around, and i have an eating disorder, so everyone told me that they wouldn't want to see me" she managed to spit out between cries and shutters. My heart felt like it had just broken by these young girls words.

"Aw, no of course not! I know them personally and they defiantly wouldn't do that. My names Maddie by the way and you know what.. I'm gonna get you tickets to their next concert" i smiled at her. Her eyes lit up in seconds.

"Oh my god! Really? My n-name is Dakota, are you Luke's girlfriend?" she asked with a soft smile.

Was i his girlfriend? No. Yes. Fake girlfriend? i can't just say 'oh yeah I'm just his fake girlfriend, I'm being payed'. That sounds so fucked up... I nodded slowly "yeah but i don't think I'm aloud to tell anyone at the moment, so try not to tell many people".

"He's really lucky to have such a amazing girlfriend, thank you Maddie" she spoke, her voice still unsteady.

I smiled at her widely. "Well if you give me your number, I'll make sure to give you the information about the tickets".

She grinned like a cheesier cat as she gave me her phone number. "I got to go but it was so lovely to meet you Dakota. Don't let those other girls get to you, ok" i smiled.

She stood up pulling me into a hug "thank you" she whispered. i couldn't help but smile, not all there fans are rude, majority of them are actually the sweetest girls.

A few hours had past and we were currently at their LA house...they had a freaking LA house! It was incredible. I sat on the couch next to Luke, my head gently resting on his shoulder. i was exhausted. i hadn't gotten much sleep on the plane, i don't know how people can sleep on it. The rest of the boys had gone out to their studio. "Hey Madd" I heard Luke's husky, tired voice ask.

"Yeah?".

"I'm sorry for being a jerk all the time" he whispered.

"Its ok, your not that much of a jerk. But can i ask why you do act that way you do sometimes, i know that you couldn't have always been like that" my voice was more unsteady then I believed.

I felt him tense. "I-i just, sometimes the hate gets to you. People saying so much fucking shit about you. Accusing you of the worst things, it all gets to your head. I don't know how the others do it but the fame gets to you and it changes you. It hard to explain Maddie!" he fumbled terribly with his words, his tone changed from soft and calm to annoyed and angry in seconds. He stood up in an instant.

"Luke..I'm sorry i shouldn't have asked" i sighed.

"Its fine, Maddie. Don't worry about it. I just can't explain it" he whispered as if he could burst into tears. Something happened or maybe is happening to Luke, and he obviously doesn't want to say what.. My head spun with the thought. "I promised the boys, i would go meet them at the studio soon. So i better go. You gonna be alright?" he asked with a blank expression. I nodded in response. "Bye"

"Cya" i sighed.

Lukes pov:

I left the building, pushing my hand through my hair several times. I looked down to the many scars on my wrists... Sometimes life is to much, i don't know if I can keep going though. But I also can't commit to suicide, the boys, all the fans...and Maddie, There was something about her, i can't leave her.

I just can't.

Chapter 13

Hope you guys are liking the story so far.

So now you kinda know a little more why Luke is why he is.

Please Vote, Follow and Comment :)

Love you! x