Fake Love | Chapter 8

I checked the clock which read 8.30pm, finally my shift was over. I walked to car park and slid into my car. I hadn't really thought much about what Meg and Ashton had said earlier but surely they were wrong. How could I possibly make a person like Luke happy? I decided to push the thought away, before worrying about it to much. I am the person to have the smallest thing on my mind for weeks maybe even months and it just stresses me out. Pretty sure thats how a majority of my anxiety is caused.

I made it back to the building, catching a glimpse of the darkness of the night. The stars shimmered beautifully.

"Maddie!" I heard someone yell snapping me out of my train of thought. I turned around quite confused to who was calling me...But soon realised it was my best friend Dylan.

"Dylan!" I screamed running up to him and suffocating him in a hug. He had been in America for the past month, you don't understand how much I missed him. I met Dylan about two years ago, he lived in the house next to my apartment building. We bumped into each other one day and then automatically became best friends, after sharing multiples pizzas and watching random tv series into the late hours of the night.

"How was America? I don't even care that you just got home, you are coming over and telling me everything!" I grinned excitedly.

He let out a deep chuckle "well ok but your helping me unpack tomorrow."

"Ugh fine.." I whined, dragging him up the stairs to my apartment.

I passed Luke and Michael walking down the stairs. "Oh hey guys." I grinned as we passed them.

"Hey Madd!" Michael replied with a chirpy tone. Luke gave me a strange look, like he was angry or something but I brushed it off. Its probably Luke just being well..Luke.

"Who are they?" Dylan asked confused.

"Oh they are new to this apartment and we're just friends...Oh and also the blonde one i'm fake dating," I said like it was something casual.

"What?!" Dylan laughed but still had concern written on his face.

"Well long story short...Luke is in a band and needed someone to be his fake girlfriend because his manager wanted him to get one, I don't know why maybe for publicity or something but anyway he asked me. I said no, he said he'll pay,  I said yes." I giggled realising how weird and unusual that must sound.

"You're so weird, you know that right?...Oh by the way if he hurts your or upsets you in anyway i'll smash his face in!" Dylan grinned.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I remember when I had to stop you from screaming at Toby after we broke up." I replied rolling my eyes. Toby was my old boyfriend for about two weeks, I didn't really like him that much and obvious he didn't like me that much ether seen as he had been dating two other girls behind my back...Yup.

"I'm just very protective over my weird ass best friend" he poked me.

"Ok enough about my life I wanna hear about Americaaaaa" i said extending the 'a' whilst I unlocked my apartment door.

"Hey Dyl, I didn't know you were getting back today?" Jasper greeted him as we walked through the door.

"Hey man! Yeah I just got back and your sister here forced me come over."

"Yeah she can be very stubborn," Jasper nodded rolling his eyes. I watched as Bella stood up walking over to us. I gave her a quick glare as she intwined her hand with Jaspers.

"Oh Bella, this is Dylan, Maddie's best friend."

"Hi it's so lovely to meet you!" She giggled brushing her hair from her eyes. I rolled my eyes in response.

"Well we're going now" I said pulling Dylan over to the lounge.

"So your brother has a girlfriend now?" Dylan shrugged.

"Hardly she's more of a devil."

"Oh god, I'm not even going to ask.." he replied.

"Ok so! how was America? Did you get any acting rolls?! Was it nice weather?! Where'd you stay at?! Meet any celebrities?!" I began to ask question after question.

It had grown late into the night and Dylan and I were still up eating cold pizza from out of the fridge whilst watching Friends. We were both in fits of laughter from random stories we had been telling.

"Hey Dyl, serious talk...What would you say if i told you i think I like someone, like not love but not like I don't know how to explain it...It's like theres this feeling but I wouldn't ever see my person ever falling for this person.." I stressed pulling my hand through my hair.

He gave me a strange look "like you feel like you're in love but you know you're not?" he asked confusion in his tone.

"Yeah exactly!"

"Well I think everyone feels that at least once in there life...and you just gotta see if you are or if it was nothing...and sometimes the answer surprises you."

"How do you always know what to say?" I smiled.

"I'm just amazing like that" he smirked, flipping his imaginary long hair.

"Oh my god, I forgot to ask hows Kayla! I haven't seen her for a whole month. I miss her!" I yelped. Kayla was Dylan's girlfriend. They have been dating almost three years...Three freaking years, thats insane. I met Kayla through Dylan, obviously. She is now also one of my closest friends and I love her dearly.

"She's really good! She got a roll in the a new TV series  and I'm so happy for her! She was gonna stay at mine tonight but she had to go home to see her parents. Pretty sure she'll be back home tomorrow or the next day.." Dylan smiled in a daze. They were the cutest couple ever, and I hope to have something like that one day...but I don't know who with just yet?

Ay chapter 8!

I'm sorry this chapter wasn't very good but the next few chapters are going to get a lot better! And a little later in the story I have a lot of shit thats going to happen. So please just bare with me till I introduce most of the charcters etc :)

Please Vote, Follow and Comment!

Love you x