Fake Love | Chapter 4

Five dull days had past since I agreed to be Luke's fake girlfriend. Today we were planning to hang out and find out facts about each other...I was dreading for this day, seen as we don't really get along. I don't think I'll ever understand why he chose me?

"You ever gonna get up?" Jaspers spoke softly.

I shook my head, pulling the blanket over my head.

"Come on Madd, its almost 11.00am," he laughed, exiting my room.

I yawned, flickering my eyes open. Fixating them over to the window. A smile fell to my lips as I realised it was pouring down rain, my favourite type of weather. I pulled the blankets off my body and placed my feet on the soft carpet. Chills filled my legs as the cold air hit them.

I had a quick shower and then did the usual routine. Get dressed, do makeup and straighten my long brown hair. Wow my life is so exciting, note the sarcasm.

I staggered down the stairs and into the lounge, collapsing onto the couch. I hesitantly turned my head, realising there was another lady next to me.. I jumped, eyes widening.  She had long messy blonde hair, bright blue eyes and seemed quite tall.

"Uhh.." I managed to spit out.

"Oh hi you must be Maddie, i'm Bella" she smiled widely her bright white teeth sparkling.

"Hello" I replied shaking her hand, getting a glimpse of her bright pink artificial nails.

Jasper soon ran into the lounge, a timid look on his face. "Madd, i'm guessing you have met Bell" he smiled at me nervously.

"Yep.." I shrugged.

"I met her the other night at the bar" he said, as Bella nodded her head.

"Oh well thats great" I said trying to hide my sarcasm.

I guess I was happy for my brother but then again I don't want some chick living in our apartment.

"Well I gotta go, I have to uh meet someone, uh somewhere." I fumbled terribly with my words as I stumbled over to the door in a heap.

"Oh..ok then" Jasper shrugged, a little curious to where I was going.

I shut the door behind me and went right to the end of the hall, to room '1'. I nervously knocked loudly on the door, swinging on the hells of my feet. Soon the door swung open to Luke who's eyes were glued to his phone as he typed extremely fast.

"Hello?" I broke the stange tension that lurked through out the air.

"Hi" he said not concentrating. Earning an eye roll from me. He eventually looked up from his phone, giving me a genuine smile. His eyes glimmered and he a small dimple appeared in his cheek. I have never seen a real smile from him, ever. But that soon faded as his eyes dropped and he went back to self centred Luke. Causing me to frown.

"You gonna come in or just stand there?" he said with a bitter tone, stepping out the door frame. I walked over to the couch, setting myself down.

-----

It had grown late into the night, and to my surprise Luke was being different to usual. He laughed occasionally and seemed happier, brighter even. I had actually found out a lot about him. That he's in a band, hens the reason he needs a fake girlfriend, which I still found completely and utterly weird. He has two older brothers, Ben and Jack. He explained who his favourite bands are and just told me simple facts about himself.

I told Luke most things about myself and that I suffer with anxiety... We kinda had the same interests, which shocked me. We were the opposite of each other but enjoyed the same things. I guess if you look hard enough, you'll find something in a person. Something that changes your whole view on them and that was amazing. The one thing I didn't tell him about was my parents. Most people ether give me the whole 'I'm sorry' speech, or just be dicks about it and I really didn't need that at the moment.

I looked over to the door that was pushed open, soon reviling Rebecca and Calum. Their hands were intwined, and she looked at Calum as if he were her whole world. I wish I could have that some day..

"O-oh hey guys." Bec smiled extremely widely.

"Hey" I waved

"Em" Luke managed to hum as he typed away on his laptop. I looked at Luke with a bewildered expression, he acted so different in front of others. Why?

"What-cha two doinggg?" Cal asked extending the 'g'.

"I'm learning about a rare, mythical creature, called Luke Hemmings" I spoke in a David Attenborough voice. It was weird but around these guys I felt like i could be myself. And that was rare for me, I never usually let anyone in.. I only recently met them but its like i've known them for all my life, I guess people just have that effect on you.

"Look a wild Luke appears!" Calum laughed, pointing at him.

"Wow its super effective" I spoke with a Pokemon voice, what even if a Pokemon voice? well you know what i mean.

Luke looked with a smile, and Calums eyes lit up as if he hadn't seen a smile from his best friend in years. "You guys are so annoying" Luke yawned.

Then Calum's face dropped. "And you're such a drainer" Cal replied, bitterly with a glare. Which Luke returned. Surely he couldn't have always been like this? I wonder how he used to be, the real Luke. Was he nice, innocent, caring? Or maybe he has always been like this..It was something I was striving to figure out.

Chapter 4 of Fake love.

Please do comment, follow and vote as it means a lot to me x

Sorry if this chap for a little boring. There's a new chapter coming soon, make sure to tell me if you want any updates.

Love you xx :)