Chapter 6

(AUTHORS NOTE: sorry guys this chapter is most likely gonna be a short chapter but thanks so much for over 100 reads in 24 hours! That's amazing!😅)

*LINDSEYS POV*

"LINDSEY SWEETIE WAKE UP ITS ALREADY 12:30!"

I got up even though I could have slept for at least another hour. I walked down stairs after my morning routine wearing ripped dark skinny jeans, a white short sleeve V-neck and my white converse. I got my usual for breakfast, fruity pebbles!
"Sweet heart you have some mail. Here." My mom handed me three envelopes. One was pink but the other were just white. I finished eating and decided to go back up to my room and open these at my desk.

I opened the white ones first and saved the pink for last. The first was just a letter from the school back home in Cali saying they missed me, the next was from Callie and Brice with a picture of all of from about 3 months ago when we had all boarded for a skate contest and all places. They told me how much they missed me and that they are updating the skate park back home. After I framed the picture in one of my empty frames I sat down and began on the pink one.

I didn't recognize the address or name but it was addressed to me like mom said so I figured it was from our old church or something like that. You know just the random letters you get in the mail but aren't really important.

When I opened it I lost all of my breath and couldn't say a word. I begin to read the letter with thousands of emotions running through my body...

Dear Pal

Hey Lindsey! I know this is what you expected and I know you have lots of questions but I figured you at least deserved to know the truth and to hear from your own father every once in a while. So here it goes, Pal I love you so much and I love your mother so much too. I know it may not seem like it since I left you. You have to understand the truth though. You and your mom deserves someone better. We were struggling and I wasn't a great dad. I know it's confusing and I miss you so much but I was holding Yall back. I'm so sorry I never called or wrote to you but I just didn't have the courage. I was being a coward and I figured you both were better off with out me. If you ever want to talk or need someone to catch up on sports with my number is listed on the slip of paper in the envelope. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. I hope you can understand and forgive me but if not I don't blame you. I love you so much Lindsey Grace.

Love, Dad

By the time I finished reading the letter I was falling apart. I wanted to call him right away and tell him I forgive him and that I miss him and love him but I didn't. I didn't want to do anything today so I changed into black leggings, fuzzy socks, and an oversized tshirt from Cali. I crawled back in bed with the letter and number on my night stand. I heard my mom coming up the stairs so I quickly dried my tears and tried to act fine.

"Hey sweetie I have to go on a business trip not to far away but I'll be back tomorrow night around 9 o'clock. Sweetie are you alright?" She looked concern but I didn't wanna tell her about the letter yet.

"Yeah I'm perfectly fine. I think I'm just gonna have a lazy day and stay here. Love you be safe."
We said goodbyes and I love you's and then she left.
About that time my phone went off.

Hayes😉- Hey! Whatcha wanna do today? Only a few days left till school so we gotta make them good!

I honestly didn't want to leave my house and especially not right now. I was so overwhelmed and just wanted everything to be okay.

Lindsey- Uhh sorry today is my lazy day I'm not feeling up to going out today sorry...😞

Hayes😉- do you mind if I come over? It can be a cuddle day of your down for that...😏

Lindsey- deal, the patio door is unlocked my rooms the one up the stairs, last one on the left lol

Hayes😉- see you in 5 mins😁

I have to admit I didn't want to do anything today but I think cuddling would help. I didn't care who it was but it being Hayes was just a bonus. I just wanted to feel better.

I was flipping through channels when he came in. He was wearing black gym shorts with a white magcon shirt and just some nikes.

"Hey lazy, got room for one more?" I moved over and he laid down next to me. We laid there for what seemed like forever before he spoke again.

"Hey Lindsey are you okay? I mean you just don't seem like yourself. I know we barely know each other but you seem sad..." He looked at me with his big blue eyes and It calmed me down some. It felt like time just slowed down completely and it was just us. I know that cliché but I don't care it's true.

"Yeah I'm just a little sad but thanks for coming over i needed a cuddle buddy."
He wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled up next to him with my head on his chest. I began to fall asleep it was already 3 and I was just so tired of today already. We turned on Netflix and we had started watching movies but I wasn't paying much attention. I was just really happy to have met hayes.

---------------------|•••|--------------------
AUTHORS NOTE: so it's not short really after all😂I got carried away! I might not be able to update a lot tomorrow but thanks for over 100 reads don't forget to comment and give it a like!😅😂😂 I do authors notes way to much sorry
XOXO