Chapter 20

*HAYES POV*

She's going on a date with Jackson? What the crap. I thought I told him to back off. Before I knew it my mouth was ahead of my mind.
"Well how about Emily and I tag along if you don't mind?" I don't know why I just invited myself on their date when I didn't really want to go to the movies but I didn't want them alone.

"Actually I think it's best if it was just us. Maybe next time." She left and my Emily tried to cuddled with me but I wasn't real interested. "You know I think it's time you go. Not that I don't want you here it's just I have some things I have to do around the house. My mom can drive you." After we said our goodbyes she left with my mom so I was home alone. Nash had taken Sky out to some birthday party of her friends. I kept repeatedly texting Lindsey throughout her movie bugging her but I was just trying to make sure they weren't to close or anything. I don't know why I was so paranoid.

*LINDSEY POV*

Throughout the whole movie Hayes kept texting me and asking me questions about Jackson and me. He literally was driving me insane. What was his deal?!

After the movie was over Jackson walked me home, he gave me a hug, and said he would see me tomorrow at school. I stepped inside to see Hayes RIGHT in front of me. Oh boy, here we go again, more questions.

"Hayes, Jackson is a nice guy and if I want to date him I will. Don't worry we are still friends." I figured he was gonna say something about Jackson that's why I spoke before him.

"That's not what I want Lindsey don't you get that? I don't want to be your friend. I don't want you to date other guys because I can't stand to know that you don't care about me anymore. I can't keep doing this! Pretending like your just my friend when your the one I love." He put his hands around my waist and pulled me in close. He kissed me hard and I just couldn't help but think the whole time...where's Emily. If she saw this she would freak out.

"Hayes, I--" I was cut off by him.

"Shut up Lindsey I don't want to here that you can't. How about you tell me the truth. You owe me that much." We walked upstairs and into Hayes' room. I told him everything, I mean EVERYTHING. By the time I was done I was yawning and half asleep. Hayes laid down with me in his bed and we son drifted to sleep. I was in his arms and we were back to us.

*6am*

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

Hayes turned the alarm off and we both got up. He offered to let me shower first so I grabbed my outfit and went to shower. When I was finished I went ahead and fixed my hair and make-up while I was still had the bathroom. I put on my dark blue jeans with tears in them, a gray V-neck tucked in and a red and black flannel over it but I wore it unbutton. I walked out to see Hayes only wearing a pair of khaki pants and vans. He must've already showered because his hair was already fixed perfectly.

"I used my parents bathroom so you didn't have to rush." He pick out a maroon shirt with the word Vans on it. He looked super cute and smelled good too. We were walking downstairs when I got a message from an unknown number, Hayes also go the same text at the same time. It had everything on it. It had all the information about my past, my dad, my mom, and Jake.
I felt tears began to burn in my eyes but I held them back. Maybe it was only to me and Hayes.

When we arrived at school I went straight to my locker but on the way I heard laughs and people staring. A girl walked up to me and began to speak time. I've never met her before but that didn't stop her.

"So which one do you call dad now? I'm guessing the principal since your daddy left you. I would have too." Everyone had gotten the same message I had. Everyone knew. It was gonna be a long day. I rushed to class hiding from people's laughter and hateful comments.