Chapter 21

*LINDSEY POV*

I woke in my own bedroom. I guess someone carried me to my house when my mom got home. I looked at the clock and it said 7:30. That means I have 30 minutes before dad and Jake show up. I check my phone and see a message from Hayes.

Hayes😉- Hey babe, hope it's okay to call you that...anyways call me when you wake up and let me know how you feel! I didn't carry you all the way to your room while sick just to not hear from you later. Hope you feel better love you Lin!

Lin... Wow he already has a nickname for me. I decided to call him since he did carry me all the way to my house while sick. Of course it's not that far but still it's sweet. He picked up on the third ring.

(H- Hayes / L- Lindsey)

L- Hey, how Ya Feelin?

H- like I've been ran over by a bus. My mom said if I get any worse I'm gonna have to go to the doctor. How about you?

L- oh that sucks! And yeah I'm feeling pretty much the same but my dad and brother are suppose to show up at 8 and my mom has no idea so I think I would choose doctor over furious mom any day.

H- oh crap. That's gonna be a hard one to explain. I'll leave you to it. How about you call me AFTER all this happens. That is if your still alive.

L- I'll do my best to crawl to the phone before by mom takes it away.

H- alright catcha later love you

L-love you too.

I hung up and headed downstairs to tell my mom. I was super afraid that she would chew me out or kill me. I was hoping she would take it easier on me since I was sick.

"Hey mom, can we talk." I sat down at the kitchen table with my mom prepared to have one of the worst conversations of my life.

"Yeah honey whatcha need?" I needed to rip it off like a bandaid. I needed to get over quick and to just take in my punishment.

"I have been talking to dad lately and he's been in town staying and we have been hanging out and I saw Jake and I remember so I invited Jake and dad over at 8 so they'll be here any minute so maybe we could get our family back together and live a normal life and I know I'm in trouble but I need a dad in my life." I hurried out everything I had to say and hoped that she would be able to understand it all the first time because I don't think I could do it again.

"Lindsey, I...I gotta get ready. We will talk about your punishment later. You should not have done this without my permission. I know you need a dad but I'm your mom we could have talked this out." She ran to her room and fixed up a bit and came out just in time when the door bell rang. I opened the door to Jake and my dad and they came in. Jake ran to my mom...our mom...and latched on to her and cried. Dad and mom hugged and everyone was crying and talking about how has everyone been and then I just had to speak up...
"So can we all get back together? They can move in here!" My mom shot me a look and I realized that I had spoke to soon.
"Honey why don't you take your brother upstairs and show him around." I took the hint and stood up and took Jakes hand.
"Let me show you where your room will be!" We took off upstairs and started playing. Soon Jake fell asleep in my moms bed so I called Hayes and asked him to come over but to use the window because my parents were downstairs talking.

I heard noises outside my window so I opened the curtains to reveal Hayes. He had a bag and looked exhausted.

"Hey football guy, tired after a little climb? You should try working out more." I laughs and helped him inside, and by helping him inside I mean pulling him in and him landing roughly on my floor.

"What's in the bag?" He climbed on my bed and I sat down next to him after closing my window.
"I brought 2 movies a blanket and an extra set of clothes that way if I fall asleep I'll have some clothes in the morning duh." I kinda laughed and then thanked him. We popped in the movies and laid down on my bed and started to watch the first one. It was Quija which is suppose to be scary so of course I was burying my face in Hayes' chest the whole time. Before I knew it we were both drifting to sleep so Hayes kissed my head and we laid down comfortably and fell asleep. I could hear my parents talking while I was slowly falling asleep in Hayes' arms.

----------------------------------------------
AUTHORS NOTE: I hope yall are enjoying and I'm so thankful for over 600 views that's awesome Yall are amazing! YAY FOR 3 UPDATES IN ONE DAY!😂 I'll update more tomorrow!