30 - Friday's Judas ✔️

+Brandy

Five days came and five days passed, and with those five days, it was the most peaceful time in our lives, besides the over the top workouts and mission reviews. We all became even closer if that's even possible, bonding like were some clan that was molded into one. After Elijah burned down Issac's drug storage, we didn't hear a word out of him for the entire week. That eased my mind, somewhat knowing that he was busy trying to repair the things that were lost in the fire, rather than retaliating.

When day six came, it was like we all sucked in a breath and was holding it in, hoping for the better.

All our things in the warehouse were packed, as we readied ourselves for the new life that we'd have after today. As planned, we'd separate for a year, letting things cool down for some time, before ever stepping back on American soil. We'd spend that year, hiding but also living and indulging in whatever adventures that were calling our names.

"There's a lot of snow out there," Michelle says, shaking the snow off her coat as she walked into the warehouse. "But, with the trucks, we can still make a full round there and back without any problems."

"That's good to hear." Elijah nods, drinking some of the warm coffee in his cup. "How's our route? Any police presence?"

Savannah looks down at her tablet screen. "None and if there is, I'll get a ping which will notify us."

"How are the weapons looking like?" He asks me.

"We've got five AK-47's, six glocks, two of them are for you as requested, and three KA-BAR knives," I tell him. "All the tools we need are in the truck, along with the c4."

"What?!" Everyone asks in shock, turning to look at me.

I raise my hand in surrender, chuckling. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. There is no C4, even though I was in favor of it."

"C4 is extremely loud, it would draw attention that we don't need, you already know that."

"I do, but it's efficient." I point out, placing the Ka-bar knife into my combat boots. I move around, trying to get my body comfortable.

"Yonnie. You set?" Elijah questions, walking around her. She nodded, adjusting the bulletproof vest around her body. "There's no turning back after this." He told her.

No one utters a word.

Biting into my sour green apple, I set it down on the table and walked over to Savannah to help with her vest. "You alright?" I ask her, clipping the back piece for her. She looked like she was ready for today to be over with.

We all did.

"Do you ever have to remind yourself, that you're doing the things you do for the people you love?"

I nod. "All the time," I answer truthfully. "Love makes you do the craziest thing, but it's up to you to limit just how much crazy shit you're willing to get yourself into. Everyone always has a choice."

She tilts her, taking my words in. "Thanks. I needed that."

"It's no problem." I push down her vest, before brushing off her shoulders. "You're all set, don't forget your balaclava." Walking to my bed, I slip my black thermal shirt on, before attaching my vest. When I'm done, I put on the softshell jacket that Elijah got us a few days earlier and place my hands into the pockets of my black cargo pants, searching for the stick of gum I had placed inside during practice.

"I'm so freaking hungry," Yonnie whined as Michelle passed her a granola bar. "I can't wait to eat actual food, I'm so tired of these damn bars."

"You and me both," I say, my mind instantly thinking about the types of foods I'd eat afterward. We've all been on a strict diet, because of Elijah. "At this point, I might even go kosher."