3-Figuring Shit Out✔

+Brandy

"Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out." I whisper under my breath for the past couple of minutes, trying my best to keep myself intact. My hands were getting sweaty from holding the comb too tight. My eyes keep going back and forth to the television screen. The news finally goes on a commercial break, which gives me some type of relief.

"Aye, you sure you good Brandy?" Tyson asks, his chocolate brown eyes staring into mine.

I forcefully smile at him. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just some cramps."

Tyson's face twists in disgust. "TMI." He squeals. "You didn't have to tell me all that."

"Oh, shut up Tyson. You act like it's a bad thing to be on your period." Michelle says, glaring at him. "Shit, your mom bleeds, your sister bleeds. Even your non-cooking girlfriend bleeds."

Tyson opens his mouth to say something, but Mia cuts him off. "Leave that man's girlfriend alone, Y'all always talking shit about her. She black, Y'all black. Stop putting her down because she doesn't know how to do certain things. It's not right."

Michelle rolls her eyes. "Oh shut up Mother Teresa." She says, sarcastically almost finishing her client's hair. "I'm gonna talk shit about whoever the fuck I want, no matter their shade of skin, their fuckin weight, nor gotdamn personality."

Savannah scoffs. "Keep that same fuckin energy when his girlfriend finds out you been talking shit behind her back."

Before Michelle can speak, I clear my throat. "Y'all need to stop all this cursing, in front of my customers. Did y'all forget who employed you? Stop acting unprofessional!" I snap. They were getting on my last nerve, and to be honest, I already got too much shit to deal with right now and them going back and forth was really getting in the way of me thinking. My eyes roll to the back of my head, realizing that we were missing someone. "Where the hell is Yonnie? She was been supposed to be here."

Tyson's eyes widen and he stands up abruptly. "And that's my cue to leave. Y'all done made my boss lady mad." He places a kiss on my cheeks and walks towards the door.

"Go on somewhere Tyson, before you get us in trouble again." Tyson only chuckles, before walking out. Mia looks up at me. "Yonnie caught a flat tire... again," Mia says, shaking her head. Her current client paid Savannah, and she moved on to the next person.

I squint my eyes at Mia. "That's the excuse she gave?"

Mia nods, avoiding my gaze. "Yes, ma'am. Something like that."

Letting out a breath, I finish with Linda's hair. She says thank you and slides Savannah the money. "How long since you last spoke to her?"

"About thirty minutes ago," Mia confesses.

Pressing the bridge of my nose, I bite my tongue. Yonnie knows damn well she ain't got no flat tire. Her ass with her abusive, small dick nigga. Out of all the girls that work here, she was the youngest, so I made it my top priority to care for her. But no matter how much money or resources I give this girl, she always goes back to that dude. It was honestly starting to get old.  "Text her and tell her she has ten minutes to get her ass over here or she's fired."

Michelle clears her throat. "No cursing." She mocks.

I glare at her. "You can get fired as well."

Her eyes widen and she lifts her hands up in surrender. "There's no need for that boss lady." She says, her voice sounding squeaky. The familiar chiming of the news catches my attention. My eyes quickly flicker to the television.