4-He's Back✔

+Brandy

"Where are we going?" He repeats again, this time his voice sounds rougher. Something cold pressed against my side and it doesn't take a genius to figure out it's a gun. His other hand moves quickly, unbuckling my seatbelt. "What? Can't speak?" He asks, teasingly. I blink. My mouth opens to speak but nothing comes out. "Speak." He commands.

Realization suddenly hits me.

I have to speak.

"We were going to the store," I respond, not even recognizing my own voice. "But now, I think it's best if we just stayed home."

"That's a good idea... a very smart one if we're being quite honest," Elijah says, opening the car door. He removes the gun from my side and takes off Elliot's seatbelt. "Come on kid, let's go inside and make you something to eat." I thought that Elliot would put up a fight, seeing as he barely even knows Elijah and hates being touched by people he doesn't know, but I'm sadly mistaken. Elliot wraps his arms around his father's neck and lets him carry him out of the car. He doesn't even spare me a glance. "Come, Brandy. And don't do anything stupid, I'm sure you wouldn't want to hurt yourself."

My hands continue to shake as I grab Elliot's book and shut off the car, then step out. Locking the car doors, I quickly follow behind Elijah as he enters the house. He walks straight into the kitchen and places Elliot down on the counter, before rummaging through the refrigerator. The gun stays around his waist.

I stand near the kitchen door, watching him. "Wh... what do you want?" I finally asked, breaking the silence.

Elijah pokes his head out from the fridge to look back at me, before averting his gaze back onto what he was doing. "That depends on what you mean Brandy." He answers, placing the mayo and ham on the kitchen counter. "I want world peace, a hot bath, cops to stop chasing me, bread."

"Bread?" I ask confused.

He chuckles slightly, placing the cheese and ketchup besides everything else. "No, I'm asking you where the bread is at." He clarifies. "As I was saying, I want plenty of things but as of right now the only three things I want from you are Shelter, My son, and of course that favor you promised me."

My heart drops.

So he does know that Elliot is his.

"You're my daddy?" Elliot asks, his eyes widening a bit. He looks back at me as if asking me to confirm.

"Yup, he's your dad," I say, pretending to be happy. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, I just wished that they were meeting under better circumstances.

Elliot hugs him tightly. "I have a daddy." He says, happily. Elijah hugs him back.

Walking over to the pantry, I take the bread then hand it to Elijah. "What if I don't give you those things?" I ask boldly.

Elijah grabs my hand softly and stares me in the eyes, his blue eyes pierce my brown ones. "Then my son here," he says, glancing at Elliot, then back at me. "Will only grow up with one parent." Bending his head down to my ears he whispers, "No more mommy in the picture." I gasped, placing a hand over my mouth. Elijah places a kiss on my cheeks, just inches away from my ears. The kiss sends chills down my spine and so does the smirk he gives me. "Hand me a knife will yah."

Backing away slowly from him, I head towards the dishwasher and take out a knife. It's a big one, a really big one made for cutting deeply. The knife stays in my hand as I stare down at it, thinking of all the damage I can do to Elijah.

Stabbing him from behind would be easy, but him being so tall, he'd probably just backhand me and knock me over. That means cutting him in his vain, more like the one that leads to his leg would be... Elliot's giggling snaps me out of my thoughts. Turning around quickly, I see how his smile widens as Elijah whispers something in his ears. "You're funny," Elliot says, looking at him.