6-Recruiting ✔

+Brandy

"Mommy, why can't daddy come with us?" Elliot asks as I help him inside the car. He was in a good mood this morning. Ever since he woke up this morning, all he's been doing is asking questions. More questions than I can handle.

I open my mouth to respond, but Elijah quickly answers. "Daddy has to work, but I'll be home when you get back," Elijah says, before placing a quick kiss on his forehead.

"Promise?" Elliot asks, wiping off where his father kissed him. He wasn't use to being kissed by a male, I guess he thinks it's... weird.

"I promise bud," Elijah responds, stepping away. For a moment, he looked hurt seeing Elliot wipe away his kiss but he quickly masked it. "You guys should get going." He suggests. "Before traffic starts.

Elliot buckles himself up. "Bye, daddy." He waves.

Elijah smiles. "By bud."

Shutting the door to the back seat, I open the one to the driver seat. "Don't be offended that he wiped away your kiss. He's still getting used to you and I haven't explained to him yet that it's okay for you as his father to kiss him." I sigh getting into the car. "I'm not even making sense. Just know that he's getting used to you and everything you do. Also, remember to stay in the house and keep a low profile. You may look slightly different, but I'm sure people can make you out. You're all over the news."

Elijah gives me a small smirk. "I'm not stupid Brandy, I know how to stay hidden. Now, you have the things I gave you right?" I nod my head. "Good, make sure you do it just like how we went over it." He points at my phone. "Keep the VPN running on your phone and make sure to call me if anything. As of last night, my number is already there. Remember don't get all nervous and start biting down on your lips, it makes you an open book. You got this, have some confidence."

My eyes roll to the back of my head. "You sound like a motivational speaker," I mumble, before closing my car door. Starting the car, I begin to pull out of my parking lot. Elijah waves goodbye, before walking back into the house. I drive to Elliot's daycare.

Elliot speaks, once we're a good distance away from the house. "Mommy is daddy going to stay with us," He pauses. "Forever?" He finishes.

Now, how the heck do I answer this?

When he says stays with us, does he mean living wise or family-wise. Personally, I don't see Elijah and me dating. It'll just be complicated... and weird. We're better off just co-parenting. Co-parenting and living under one roof. Till Elijah gets his own place, whenever that is. He couldn't possibly want to live under the same roof for forever.

Could he?

"Maybe. It depends... on your dad baby." I respond, unsurely. "You should ask your dad. He'll probably have a better answer." Elliot nods, taking in my answer. For the rest of the ride, he's quite. But from the curious look on his face, I can tell there are thousands of questions he's dying to ask. "Tell you what bud, how about you think about all the questions you want to ask and then voice them to me and your dad after dinner."

Elliot looks at me. "Okay."

We pull up to his daycare on time and Ms.Kaylee whose standing outside waves at the sight of us. She walks towards the car and I quickly, turn to look at Ej. "Elliot, I know that you're happy about daddy being home. But I need you to promise not to talk about him with anyone. Especially not the people at your school."

Elliot pouts and puts his head down. "B... but why?"

He sounds so sad. "Because people can't know that daddy is home with us." I place my hand on his knee. "Now promise me, you won't tell anyone."