27 - Men✔️

+Brandy

I couldn't contain the smile on my face waking up for the second time in the night. I mean I tried with every muscle in my body not to, but I couldn't. It was so hard and waking up to Andreas by my side didn't make it any easier. Spending an entire night at his penthouse, with him sleeping right next to me was terrifying. I kept thinking about him catching on to what I did and choking me in my sleep. I made sure to sleep lightly, my movements still.

"Do you not sleep?" I ask Andreas. He laid on his stomach, his face pointed in my direction with his eyes closed as he breathes.

"I do." He answered, his voice muffled because of the sheet. "My mind is... adjusting to sharing a bed." He pauses. "I haven't shared a bed with a woman in ages. I mean sure, I've fucked with my fair share of women but I've never actually brought them to my bed." He explained. "It usually happens in the guest room and when we're done... they're gone."

I raised my eyebrows. "You mean the same guest room, you said I could sleep in?"

He scoffed. "Of course not that guest room. I'm a man with morals, I would never disrespect you like that."

"Good," I whisper, poking the side of his arm. From a distance, I notice the clock on the nightstand read, 3:50 a.m.

Lifting his arm, he grabs my waist and pulls me towards him. I move closer, and he snuggles into my side. I loved the way his arms feel around me and that scares me. "Do you not sleep?" He asks, opening his eyes to stare at me.

"I do... but I'm nervous I'll fart. Therefore, I sleep light." Our eyes connect for a second, and we both laugh. "Fair warning, I say the weirdest shit when I'm nervous."

"I'll be sure to add that to the list of things I know about you, Ms. Alex Archer."

I turn my head, my fingers flicking his earlobe softly. "What all do you know about me?"

"You're an over-thinker, and you cry a lot but you probably prefer to do it in bed where no one watches you, you're headstrong and you have a soft spot for ice cream. You like chewing ice when you're craving something, even though it's bad for your teeth. You're short, but love to walk like you're this tall person." He smirks at me. "You say weird shit when you're nervous. You hesitate when you get angry, you also have this habit of not fully telling people things."

I gulped at the last part. "You know all that, just by knowing me for a few months?"

Andreas nodded. "I'm a good observer. The littlest of things catch my attention." He places a kiss on the top of my shoulder. "You ever wish, you could just have a do-over in life?"

"Sometimes, yeah."

"Why only sometimes?"

"Because, believe it or not, everything that happens in your life, happens for a reason. Therefore me having a do-over would only mess up what life already has planned for me."

"Alex, that makes zero sense."

I shrug. "Well, life makes zero sense." I touch his lips with my pointer finger, slowly feeling how soft they are. When I least expect it, he lunges for it, biting down on it playfully. "Have you ever been in love?"

Andreas blinks. "Yeah... once." He confesses, looking away from me.

"I'm sorry I asked."

"It's fine." He whispers to me, his eyes closed. "I've been in love once and sometimes, as much as it hurts for me to admit it... I crave to love again. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it's because I'd rather feel anything besides... numb. But then again, loving someone else is petrifying, because what if you love that person more than the other."