11-Family✔️

+Brandy

The sun was just about to set once we finally reached the park. We took so long at the ice cream parlor, that for a complete minute we forgot about the idea of going. There wasn't much people here, but the few that were kept to themselves and moved along with their lives. I sat on the bench, watching as Elijah and Elliot played on the monkey bars. Elijah was going through it effortlessly, while Elliot only held onto one bar to swing back and forth.

"You're not doing it right Ej." His father told him.

But Elliot only shook his head. "Yes, I am daddy." He turns to look at me. "Right mommy?" He asks.

I chuckle. "You aren't baby, but it's the thought that counts."

Elliot huffs, before letting go of the monkey bars. He falls to the ground, then gets back up again. "Daddy, can we go down the slides?"

Elijah lets go as well. "Sure thing." Picking Elliot up and placing him high on his shoulders, Elijah runs with him, climbing the stairs that reached the swing. "You're starting to get heavy, what the heck is your mom feeding ya?"

"Food," I yell out, glaring at him. "You should try it sometimes."

"I do." He yells back. "You're just jealous of my body."

"No baby, it's the other way around."

Elijah smirks at me, before shaking his head. Even though he had on that stupid mustache, you could tell he was trying his hardest not to laugh. He ignores me and goes back to what he was doing with Elliot. I watch them go up and down the brown slides, both their happiness makes me smile. Elliot has been different since his dad came into his life. He talks more, kinda... and smiles a little more than often. He's not as closed off as he used to be. I mean there was a time getting him to shower with the water up was difficult and now that Elijah's been here, Elliot has been making an effort to use the shower with the water up. Day by day he's getting more into it. He's even liking daycare.

Elijah says that Ej reminds him of his mother, but never says how.

Which perks my curiosity.

He doesn't really talk about his family. I can't tell if it's because he doesn't trust me or if it's something deeper than that. 

Family is never a topic he likes to address.

Sometimes I find myself wondering about Elijah's brother. In fact, I find myself wondering about both his siblings. Elijah only mentions both of them once and from what I could gather, his brother has autism but from the way he spoke about him, I think he died. And his sister was in an abusive relationship, but he speaks about her in the present tense, instead of past. So I'm guessing she's alive.

"Brandy?" I hear someone call, which snaps me out of my thoughts. I quickly turn around to see who it was, my eyes squinting in the process.

"Tyson," I say lowly, not really happy to see him. We haven't spoken since the day I killed JD, which was about two weeks ago. I've been avoiding him ever since. Him being here right now was a total surprise... and a mood kill. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here with Candace, she wanted to go for a run so I decided to go with her." He says eyeing me. He looks like he has a lot to say. "You've been ignoring my calls and text." He says, frowning. "I've been worried about you."

My face forms a glare. "Okay and? I didn't ask for you to worry about me. And I sure as hell have a right to ignore you, seeing as you threatened to call the cops on me."

He shakes his head, moving closer. "Brandy, come on. Don't act like that. I was just trying to stop you from making a decision that would ruin your life."