19 - Fuckin Fuck Ups✔️

+Brandy

"What. The .Fuck!" I whisper to myself.

It's the only three words that I can conjure up to say. My mind is all over the place, desperately trying to come up with something. Just anything at this point.

For the first time in a very long time, I feel like how I first felt when my mom first told me about her diagnostics.

Petrified.

I hated that feeling. It always made me feel... weak.

I can feel it now, fear, creeping over me like some sort of hungry animal. Boxing me into some sort of cage.

"Shoot him!" Mia screams, but I'm too busy staring at the amount of blood that's squirting out of her leg to even follow through with her command.

Can she even walk?

This is bad, very bad.

We're screwed!

My eyes dance from her to the same red-haired bastard from earlier, that currently has a Glock pointed at me. He's shouting something, but I can't hear what, the police sirens are getting closer.

I want to shoot him. I really do, but for some reason, I can't shake off the fear that has settled within me.

Mia picks up her gun and fires back at the man, missing him by inches. The sound of the gun being fired is enough to snap me out of my trance. "A, we need back up!" I say to Elijah, finally gaining the courage to fire my gun. My bullets hit the man straight in the stomach and hand, causing him to drop the gun instantly. I watch in slow motion as the gun lands on the ground, firing on impact.

That second bullet shoots straight into the skull of a woman standing nearby, scattering her blood and brains onto the walls and onto the several other people around her. Everyone cries in panic, scattering around like ants when someone steps in their anthill.

"Oh my God." I hear Mia say in shock.

"Get out of there now before you guy's get caught!" Elijah yells. "Savannah and Michelle are already gone, they'll be compromised if they come back for the both of you. I'm stalling, but it won't be enough. Go now!"

Quickly putting my gun in my waist strap. I grab ahold of the remaining money bags and the back of Mia's vest and with all the strength I could muster up, drag them away. "Shoot anyone that gets close to us," I say loud enough for her to hear.

Stepping outside, there was already a patrol car outside. "Put your hands up!" Two cops shout, with their guns aimed at us. I ignore them and keep on towards the car. My muscles ache as we move. Mia does what she's supposed to do and shoots them before they shoot us. I'm not sure if they're dead, but I do know the shot was good enough to put them down.

Pushing Mia into the back seat, with the bags, I shut the door and hurry into the driver seat. Putting the key into the ignition, I start the car and drive off.

"What the fuck was that?!" Savannah yells through the earpiece.

"Yeah, what the fuck was that?" Mia yells angrily. "Why the fuck did you freeze up like that. You could've gotten us caught Brandy! Now the cops have my blood! They probably already know it's me who was in there!" She says furiously. "We could've gotten caught or worse, I could've lost the baby!" She blurts out, shocking her own damn self.

I keep my eyes focused on the road, biting down on my lips to keep my body from shaking. I take slow breaths, due to me still being in shock. "Breathe... just keep breathing," I mutter softly to myself. Those words comfort me in a way. It's what I'd used to say to my mom when she'd thrown up, unexpectedly. One of the side effects of her taking her medications.