10-Sighting ✔️

+Brandy

"Daddy, why are you wearing a fake mustache?" Elliot questions from the backseat of the car. He sat up, looking at Elijah, a new book in his hand as he waited for an answer.

Turning to look at Elijah, I place my chin on my hand, waiting for an answer as well. "Yeah, daddy how come you're wearing a mustache? Especially one that doesn't go with your features."

Elijah rolls his eyes, pushing his ball cap further down to cover his eyes. "Ej I'm wearing the mustache because it's supposed to keep people from knowing my true identity." He says, before looking at me. "Buddy, why don't you ask mommy, why she's wearing that cheap wig?"

I gasp, placing my hand over my mouth. "First off Elijah, this wig isn't cheap. Second of all, don't talk about my wig like that and third, you're just mad that my wig goes well with my features and your mustache doesn't." I look over at Ej. "Cover your eyes baby." He does as he is told and I take that as my chance to stick both my tongue and middle finger at his father.

Elijah sticks his middle finger and his tongue right back at me. "You're so childish," He says, shaking his head.

I shrug. "Okay and? You are too."

"Mommy can I uncover my eyes now," Elliot asks.

"Yes, bud." He uncovers his eyes and stares at me and Elijah like we were some important piece to a puzzle. "Ej tell your dad to stop being mean to mommy."

"Daddy stop being mean to mommy," Elliot says to Elijah.

Elijah fake gasps and clutches onto his chest dramatically. "Oh, my heart." He says, dramatically which causes Elliot's eyes to widen. "My own son has betrayed me, he chose his mom's side instead of mine." Elijah closes his eyes. "How could you do this to me? I thought we were friends Elliot."

"We are friends daddy," Elliot says on the verge of crying. "I'm sorry daddy."

I turn to look at Elijah, my face turns into a frown. "You're gonna make him cry."

Elijah's eyes widen in realization. He quickly stops acting. "Elliot buddy, I'm joking." He quickly says, turning around to face Elliot. "It's good that you chose your mom's side, hell you need to always choose your mom's side. I'm not mad or hurt buddy."

Elliot looks up at his father, his eyes watery. "You promise?" He asks.

"Yes bud, I promise that I'm not mad or hurt," Elijah says, before opening his arms. "Come give daddy a hug." Elliot doesn't hesitate, he quickly unbuckles himself and gives his father a big hug.

It was a beautiful scene to witness, truly. I pout. "I want a hug too."

Elijah opens his arms wide and pulls me into the hug. He rubs my arm. "Better?" He questions.

"Better." Both me and Elliot answer at the same time.

We pull away and Elliot gets back into his seat. "Daddy?" He calls.

"Yes, Ej," Elliot says, giving him his full attention. I, on the other hand, continue to watch the bank from afar. Today we decided it was best that I went and opened an account. The account wouldn't be under my real name but under a fake alias. Alex Archer to be exact.

Savannah spent the whole Saturday making me a fake identification card. We had to pay someone else about a grand to make me a fake birth certificate along with other legal documents. As of Sunday, Alex Archer was born and in every database that you could think of. Clean record, of course, and a credit score of eight hundred. "Can we go to the park? Together?" I hear Elliot ask his father. My eyes snap to Elijah.