Chapter Thirty Two: Maid of Honour

"Morning." Adam smiles down at me.

"Morning." I groan in response.

"Did you have a good time at the gig?"

I nod.

"When did you come in here? Not that I mind of course."

"I don't really remember what time." I reply. "Some time last night."

"You should get up and out before my dad and your mum come in. We'd have a bit of explaining to do."

"Yeah." I sigh and sit up.

"What's wrong?" Adam asks me.

"Nothing." I reply.

"You sure? You sound down."

"I'm fine. Just tired."

I get up, peck his lips and then leave and go to my own room. What would my mum say about me and Adam? Would she be angry? Upset? Hurt? Disgusted? Or would she be happy for us? What would John say?

I play many scenes of me telling them out in my head. Some ending well and other ending... Not so well.

Now I have a headache from thinking about it too much. I walk over to my desk and sit down. I look at the huge stack of books. It's Sunday. I need to do all of this. It is not going to help with my headache. I battle through my math questions and English essay. Just as I pick up my chemistry sheets there is a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I call.

John walks in.

"Morning." He smiles.

"Hey." I reply.

"You're up early."

"I know." I groan.

"Homework?" He asks.

"Loads." I answer.

"Need a hand?"

"Please."

John helps me on my chemistry. It's soon done. Man, he's good at chemistry.

"Thanks. I could never of done that on my own." I smile at him.

"You not very good at chemistry?" He asks.

"Could you not tell?" I ask lightly. "It's my kryptonite."

"Krypto what?" He asks.

"It's a Superman thing. Comics. Super hero."

"Ah..."

Me and dad used to love all the superheroes. He used to read me comics and we would spend hours watching the films. I smile at the memory.

"Your mother and I were wondering if you would like to come out for breakfast with us." John says twiddling his thumbs and looking down.

"Sure." I say. "Will Meg or Adam be coming?"

"No... Just us three."

"Okay. Give me five minutes."

"Okay." He smiles and then leaves.

I get ready. I put on Adam's red hoodie as I go downstairs. It suits my outfit; red converse, black jeans, and Superman top.

Mum is standing by the door smiling. Her blonde hair is in a beehive and she is wearing a designer suit. Has she ever heard of casual clothing?

I follow them out and get into the car. We get to a restaurant and as soon as we're seated a waitress comes round.