Chapter Forty Three: Shopping

I sit in the hairdressers stool. I'm getting my hair streaked red. I smile as the memories of last night flood back into my memory.

"What do you think?" Mum asks spinning round in her chair.

While I'm getting my hair streaked her and Grace are trying out hair styles for the wedding. Because Grace and I are practically sisters now, and because mum adores her, Grace is a bridesmaid. I'm maid of honour and Meg is a flower girl.

Mum's hair is curled. She has a thick plait running across her hair line.

"I like the curls." Says Grace.

"Maybe thin the plait out." I suggest.

"Or, you could have it running round the back of your head instead of in front."

The hairdresser fiddles around with mum and Grace's hair. A timer goes of and the hairdresser leaves Grace's hair and comes to me. He takes off the silver foil. I grin widely. My hair is jet black with red streaks, which stand out, I love it. Mine is proper dark red where as Grace's is purpley pinky red.

"That looks so cool!" Grins Grace.

"I love it!" I smile.

Mum's hair is done the way Grace suggested. It looks gorgeous.

"Have it like that mum. It looks amazing."

We get our stuff together and leave the hair dressers.

"Right, now, dress shopping." Grins Mum.

Grace and I look at eachother. We both hate dresses. And shopping. We'd much rather Internet shop while wearing PJs and eating junk. But it must be done.

4 bridal stores later and we have nothing. We've decided against peach and pink dresses, thank God. And no frills either.

We pass a shop window and Grave and I freeze. Mum turns to look at us. We're staring at a stunning dress. It's royal purple. The top is tight and wrapped so the fabric has wrinkles. It then flows out. It's about knee length.

"What are we waiting for then? I you go." Mum smiles.

We walk in and try them on. Wow. I love it and judging by the look on Grace's face so does she. It's strapless and gives us both a lovely cleavage. Not too trash though. Classy cleavage. The dress flows out at the bottom of our boobs.

"Wow..." Gasps my mum. "You both look beautiful."

"These ones?" I suggest.

"Obviously!"

"I don't know... Those peach ones were quite flattering." Laughs Grace.

We change out the dresses and buy them. While at the counter the woman suggests a dress for Megan. It's the same colour purple and is pretty much like ours only with thick straps. Mum buys that too.

"So we can go home now?" I ask grinning.

"Oh no. We have shoes yet."

We groan. How does she have so much energy left to shop? After two hours we finally have shoes sorted. Grace and I have black strappy heels and Megan black ballet pumps. We're finally in the car heading home.

Bridesmaid dress shopping should be an Olympic sport. I lost my breath and I think my feet are about to drop off.

We get home and take our bags inside.

"Hey." Adam greets me with a smile and a kiss. "Have fun?"

"I'm worn out!" I complain.

He laughs.

"So you got your dresses then?" He asks looking at the carrier bags in my hand.

"Yup."

"May I see?"

"Nope." I pop the "p".

He pouts. "Why not?"

"You'll have to wait until the big day."

"No fair."

"Sorry baby." I peck his lips. "Love you."

"Love you too."

I go upstairs and sit on the bed with Grace. We do more shopping. Only this time it's our shopping. We eat chocolates and hunt down EBay bargains.