Chapter Twenty Seven: Goodbye

I groaned and rolled over. I fell and hit something hard. The floor. Great way to wake up. I pulled myself up and headed downstairs. The pit in my stomach needs feeding. I got into the kitchen and rooted through the many boxes of cereals. Bran flakes, bleh boring. Corn flakes, boring. Sherred wheat, boring. Ah Coco Pops! Perfect.

I poured myself a bowl of chocolatey goodness and added milk. Yum. I heard footsteps come down the stairs. Two sets.

"Thanks so much." An unknown girls voice said.

"No problem. See you later."

The front door closed.

I dropped my spoon. I knew the second voice. It was Adams. I felt a sting in my chest. He kissed me last night, but it didn't mean anything to him. He was just doing it cause I was somebody to kiss. How could I be so stupid?! Tears brimmed my eyes and the stinging sensation worsened in my chest.

"Amy..."

I looked up. Adam stood there. Confusion and concern on his face.

"I can't believe you." I hissed at him.

"It's not what it looks like!"

"Bullshit."

I stood up and walked past him and straight up to my room. Tears fell from my eyes. The same night he kissed me he invites over one of his fuck buddies. I didn't mean anything to him.

My phone buzzed.

"Amy it's now what you think! Can I come in? Explain. Xoxo."

I typed my reply.

"It's pretty clear what happened. Stay the fuck away from me."

More tears fell down my face. He said it felt right. And it did. But he just played me.

The handle of my door turned but it wouldn't open, I'd locked it. There was a knock.

"Go away."

"Amy, let me explain!"

"Leave me alone!"

"Amy-"

"What's going on?" Adrien's voice came through the door.

"Nothing." Sighed Adam and I heard him walk away.

I wiped my eyes and opened up the door. Adrien stood there.

"Morning beautiful." He smiled.

"Morning." I replied. "How come you're here?"

"My mum called. She wants us back home."

"Oh..."

I was pulled into his arms. I hugged him back tightly. Great, my boyfriend is leaving me. And the step brother who I've managed to develop feelings for kissed me then went with somebody else.

"I'm not good with goodbyes." Adrien whispered into my hair.

"Me either." I whispered back into his chest.

I looked back up at him. He pressed his lips down onto mine and I responded quickly. After a few minutes we purd back breathless.

"Goodbye Amy." He smiled sadly.

"Goodbye Adrien."

I pecked his lips and then watched as he turne and walked out.

"Who was that?" Megan asked as she walked out her room running her eyes.

"That was my boyfriend."

"Where is he going?"

"Back home."

"Will I get to meet him again?"

"I'm afraid not honey. He lives all the way in France."

"Oh... Do you want to watch TV with me?"

"Yeah. Let me just get sorted out first."

"Okay. I love you Amy."

My eyes brimmed with tears again. I missed my little sister so much. She had dads smile.

"What's wrong?" She asked confusion on her face.

I walked forward and scooped her in my arms. I picked her up and hugged her tightly. I loved this little angel.

"I love you too Meg."

I planted a kiss on her head and then put her down.

"You go watch telly and I'll be down in a bit."

"Okay." She smiled and skipped down the stairs.

I turned and walked back into my room. I sighed and winced at the sight of him standing there.

"Get out."

"No." He replied.

"Out. Now."

"Let me explain, please."

"Five minutes. Start talking."

I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for him to tell me who the girl this morning was.