Chapter 24: The Next Morning

I opened up my eyes. Ah blinding! I quickly shut them again. I swear my light wasn't normally that bright. Or my room this cold... I hugged the blanket closer to me. I heard a groan and felt the grip on my hand tighten. Grace rolled over and rested her head on my chest. She's just like me, a cuddly sleeper. She wrapped her arms around me and I hugged her back. Urg my head.Sweet Jesus my head! I want to go back to sleep, but the temperature and the pounding headache were keeping me up. I opened one eye. Oh, no wonder it's freezing. We're outside. Where did the duvet and pillows come from?

I couldn't help but chuckle lightly. Starting the new year by waking up, hungover, outside, surrounded by empty bottles and hugging your bestfriend. I shut my eyes again and tried to drift back to sleep. I'm too lazy to get up and go to my room, and by the looks of things Grace is holding me captive and there is no chance of me escaping her grasp.

I felt my phone vibrate and pulled in out my pocket. I had a text from Adrien. It was sent at one in the morning.

"Booize pastry lilerbt. Giddy night. Want young lips beautyfityl.

I lightly chuckled. He makes no sense. I also had a lot of Facebook notifications. I opened the Facebook app and saw I had 30 notifications, 54 friend requests and 20 messages. Wow. Normally I only got a few. My notifications were tagged pictures of me from last night. Oh God.. I don't remember doing that. Or that. Or that. A lot of the rest of the notifications were people liking the pictures. There was a picture of me and Grace from when we were getting ready, 60 likes! Most of them were from people back in New York, people I never really spoke to. A few of them were from people school and the rest of them Grace's friends. There were a few comments too. "Hot ;)" "Sexy ;)" "I would ;)" "I want your body!!"

The friend requests were all from people I had seen around school and also a few from people back in New York. I accepted the requests of people I liked and knew. So that was about five out of the 54. I skipped through the messages. They were mainly from guys back in New York. I ignored most of them. Except the one from James Durrum. My old crush.

"Hey Amy. How is England? A lot of people are missing you here. I saw a few of your pictures, you look great :) Hope to speak to you soon?xxx"

I smiled. I used to love this guy. Seriously. But he didn't know I existed. Until Grace posted and tagged the pictures of us in our New Year outfits. Funny how seeing a girls body can attract a lot of attention. I liked the pictures of us though. I went through them and screenshoted them. There were lots of us pulling stupid faces. A few of us smiling and hugging. A lot of full length posey ones. There was one of me kissing her cheek while she grinned. It was really cute. I set it as my cover photo. I kept flicking through and found one of us hugging. We looked happy and Grace looked so pretty. I wasn't looking too bad, but no where near as good as Grace. I set the picture as my profile picture.

A little red number appeared on the world. I groaned. I just spent ages going through everything. I clicked on it. James Durrum likes your profile picture. I smiled and clicked onto my messages.

"Hey James :) England is okay. Cold. Wet. Rainy. I miss New York. Aha thank you. You too :) How are you? xxx" I tapped send and it didn't take long for him to reply. Soon we were in a conversation.

"Hahaha! Well I hope you recover from your hangover and go inside soon!:P I have to go, but Skype me some time :) James.D123 xxxx"

Grace stirred and mumbled something. She moved around a bit more and then sat up groaning.

"Urg my head!"

"Tell me about it. Good morning."

"Morning." She muttered. "Are we outside?"