Chapter Three: Pool

I've been with mum for four weeks now. I was settling into things and it was good to spend more time with Megan and mum. We were really bounding. It felt good to get to know them. I was getting to know John, he was really nice. As for Adam... I don't like him anymore than the day I first met him. We fight and don't get on. It's kind of fun though. I like winding him up and so I do. A lot. Grace and I have become really good friends and we often hang out. 

"Amy are you awake?" Grace whispered beside me.

I groaned. "Unfortunately yes."

She laughed. "I had the strangest dream you know."

"What happened?" I asked waking up a bit more as I sat up.

"Well you kept trying to sell my cheese. I said no, but then you tried to sell me a pumpkin and then you turned me into a carrot."

"Huh. You have crazy dreams."

"I know. They're entertaining though." She said with a smile. I laughed and smiled at her.

There was a knock on the door. 

"Come in!" I called.

"Morning Amy. Morning Grace." My mum smiled as she walked in. She was holding a big tray filled with fruit, two glasses of apple juice and two bowls of Coco-pops. "I thought I'd be an amazing mother and a great host by bringing you two breakfast in bed."

"You're the best! Thank you!" Grace said.

My mum smiled and laughed. 

"No worries." 

I thanked mum and she left.

"She's in a very good mood." I commented.

"True. But I'm not complaining." She replied while shoveling Coco-pops into her mouth.

"But still... It's a bit odd. She's never grumpy but I haven't seen her this cheery all the time I've been here." 

"Don't jinx it." She said grinning. "Now eat. Your chocolate bowl of goodness is getting soggy."

I ate my cereal and downed my apple juice. 

"I wonder how many grapes I can get in my mouth..." Grace muttered while twiddling a grape in her hands. 

"Shall we find out?" I asked giving a wide grin. 

"Why not?" She replied returning the grin.

She began stuffing them into her mouth. Her mouth was full and her cheeks like hamster cheeks. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes and my side hurt. I took a photo. Grace was laughing but with her mouth closed so the grapes didn't escape. It was a funny sight to see, her in hysterics but trying to keep her mouth closed. She finally got to the point where she could no longer squeeze anymore grapes into her mouth so she started chewing them. She gave her last swallow.

"Now my jaw hurts." She complained. 

I laughed.

 "I wonder why..." I responded. 

She grinned at me.

"Who knows?" She turned to look out the window and then she squealed. It was loud and ear piercing. It made me jump out my skin.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's sunny!"

"You put my ear through that because it was sunny?!"

She jumped up out of bed and into my huge wardrobe. She came out a minute later and threw two articles of clothing at me. I picked them up. It was my green bikini covered in black skull and cross bones.