Chapter Fifty: The End

First things first, THANK YOU. This story became so much bigger than I expected. Your votes and comments have made me the happiest person in the whole wide world.

What do you think about a sequel? Maybe a story about Megan as a teen? Let me know!:)

Once again thank you so much for every read, vote and comment.

Now, on to the final chapter.

WAAAAAAAAA :'(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just one foot in front of the other. Right foot, left foot. Come on Amy for fucks sake it's just walking!

I pass the many guests sat on benches. All eyes on me...

I focus on the floor. And walking. One step. Another step.

I slowly raise my eyes up. I stare at my beautiful red rose bouquet gripped in my shaking hands. I lift my eyes higher, to straight ahead of me.

The whole world melts away.

There he is.

My husband.

My step-brother.

He looks incredible. As usual.

His smile, his real on which I love, is spread over his face.

I look across to John. He smiles down at me and grips my arms a little tighter.

John and I walk down the aisle and then I arrive at the altar.

John lets go off my hand and goes to join Mum, who is crying her eyes out.

Adam takes my hand in his.

I smile at the vicar. Then at Tom, the best man who looks a little hungover from last night's stag night.

Megan looks beautiful in a strapless royal purple bridesmaid dress. She certainly looks older than fourteen.

My best friends stand next to Meg, huge smiles on their faces. All of them in the same deep purple dresses.

Typically when I meet eyes with Grace she goes cross eyed.

I hold back my laugh and turn to my husband. Well, soon to be husband.

The music stops and the ceremony begins.

Here we go. The first step to forever.

The man I've cried over, fought with, laughed with, made love with... The man I am going to spend the rest of my life with. The man I snuck around with.

My dirty little secret.

Not so secret anymore.

~THE END~