Chapter One: Arrival

I lent my head against the cool glass of the car window. I wasn't happy about going to stay with mum in  England. New York was my home. It will be good to see Megan again though. I have only spoken to her through Skype the past three years. She's 5 now and I can't wait to see her and to hug her again. When mum and dad split I stayed with dad and Isobel and mum kept Megan. While I was looking forward to seeing Megan, I was not looking forward to seeing mum. I'm still pissed off with her. Three years I have been with dad in New York, not once has she come to see me. Sure, she's Skyped and sent over gifts. She never missed a Christmas or birthday but she never once came over to see me. She missed seeing me from the age of 13 until 16. It sounds bad but, Isobel feels like more of a mother to me. At least for the past three years.

"You okay back there A?" Isobel asked me.

"Yeah." I smiled weakly.

"Looking forward to meeting John and Adam?" Dad asked.

"Don't remind me." 

My dad and Isobel chuckled.

"Be nice." My dad said.

John was my mums new partner, the guy she's going to marry. I spoke to him once on Skype. He seems an okay guy. Adam his son, sounds a complete twat. He turned 16 a few months before me. We're friends on Facebook and the amount of pictures he posts of himself posing is ridiculous. He loves himself. All the girls at his school love him too judging by the amount of likes on everything. 

"I'll try." I replied. "How much longer till we get there?"

"A few more hours sweety."

I groaned.

"My butt is numb!"

"Mine too, Chris can you please put your foot down?"

"I'm already going over the speed limit by a few miles."

"So what's a few more?" 

He laughed and we accelerated. I loved it when dad drives quickly. It was so much fun. I took my phone out of my pocket and went onto my music. I selected my Black Veil Brides playlist and pressed shuffle. Knives and Pens came on and I put my ear phones in. I shut my eyes, leaned my head back and lost myself in Andy's voice.

"Amy..."

"Mhm?" I mumbled.

"We're here."

I looked out of the window. Holy shit. It's huge! When mum told me it was a big house I thought she just meant a big house. Not a mansion. There were big electric gates and stone steps to the front door. The front garden had a fountain and a fricking roundabout of flowers! It was so posh and showy. Not my thing. I liked our small apartment, it was cosy and discrete. This place was huge and fancy. I hate fancy things. The gates opened and we drove up the drive, which may have well of been a separate road. I saw four figures standing on the stone steps. The tallest figure had their arms wrapped around the waist of another. I assume that would be John with his arm around my mother. The third figure was short and holding the hand of the second.. That must be Megan. The fourth figure stood with their arms across their chest. Adam. It looked very traditional and stereotypical family picture. I hate tradition and I hate stereotypes. I found myself suddenly missing New York. The car stopped. Crap. Crap. Crap. I don't wanna do this. I wanna go home.

"Come on sweety." Isobele said encouragingly.

I sighed, unclasped my belt and stepped out of the car.