Chapter Twenty Eight

"Well?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"She's a friend. She called me last night, crying her eyes out. She needed a place to stay."

"And obviously you're bedroom was the first option."

"She wasn't in my bed Amy! I have her the spare room. I swear."

"Why should I believe you? You're the type of person who'd take advantage of an upset girl. Use her years to get in her pants."

He looked slightly hurt.

"I'm not that much of a dickhead!"

"Aren't you?!"

I know he isn't. Some part of me deep down knew.

"You've seen the real me Amy. Do you really think I'd do that? Did I try and hit in you when you found out your dad died?"

I felt a stab in my chest and tears begin to brim my eyes.

"I didn't kiss you because I could. I kissed you because I wanted to. I'm not using you. You aren't another of those girls! You're different. Special."

"If I'm so special why fuck all the others?"

He walked closer to me. His eyes met mine. Damn it. They hypnotised me. His warm hand was placed on my cheek.

"Because I needed a distraction from you. I didn't get any pleasure with them. I didn't want them. I wanted you."

My heart began to thump in my chest.

"Ever since I met you, damn. I can't get you out of my head. I tried to fight it, convince myself I didn't want you."

Hence his being a dick to me half the time.

"I tried to make myself hate you. I did hate you at one point."

Ouch.

"I couldn't stand the fact you had me running in circles. Craving you!"

"That's why you were so foul?"

He nodded.

"I hated you for the new feelings I feel when I'm with you. I don't just want to screw you because you're hot, I want something more. I want to protect you. Stay with you. And that scares the hell out of me. I know it's wrong. I know I shouldn't. You're my step sister."

"This is so wrong..."

"Yet it feels so right."

He wrapped his other hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My heart was pounding. I'm not comfortable with how amazing he can make me feel.

"So you were a jerk, to try and fight against the way you're feeling for me?"

"Yes." He whispered.

His sweet breath hit my lips, making my body tingle.

"And you screwed all those girls to try and forget about me?"

"Yes. But I'm done fighting against it."

His lips were on mine. Electric pumped through me. My heart pounded. I believed every word he just told me. It did make sense. But there's only one way to find out if he means everything. I pulled back from the kiss.

"If this... If we... Can we just take it slow. Start from the beginning?"

He smiled.

"Hi, I'm Adam. Adam Fines."

"Amy." I smiled in return.

He shook my hand.

"Amy, would you do me the honour of going to Costa with me for hot chocolate later this evening?"