Chapter Five: They're Gone

It was finally Christmas half term. Schools been a nightmare. I'm getting sick of the comments about Grace and I. Don't people have anything better to do than judge what other people? Obviously not. Some people really need to get lives. Just because we don't listen to chart music and wear the same clothes as everybody else.

"Morning Megs." I smiled at her as she came down the stairs in her pajamas. She was so cute.

"Morning." She smiled back.

She came and sat on the couch. I lay down and opened my arms. She crawled over and buried herself in my chest. I wrapped my arms around her.

"What are you watching?" She asked.

"Rubbish." I replied. "You can change it."

She took the controller and grinned. Giving her the controller was a big mistake, she put on a kids channel and watched Octonauts. I stayed for about half an hour but then I could take no more. I stood up and went upstairs. When I was in my room I went to the plug to grab my phone, I left it charging. My phone was on my desk and my charger missing. Adam. Damn him. I checked my lock screen. I had 4% battery. I went to Adam's room and flew the door open.

"Adam give me back my phone charger you annoying little- oh."

I stopped mid-sentence and walked out the room awkwardly. I was not expecting to see Adam in bed with a girl. I know he sleeps around, girls are constantly coming in and out the house, but I wasn't expecting to see the both of them lying naked under the covers. Fortunately I didn't see anything bad, the girl was completely covered by the sheets and only Adam's incredible torso was on display. That was so awkward. 

I turned on my laptop and logged into Skype. I smiled when I saw my dad was online. I haven't spoken to him in months, they were in India so I couldn't. He video called me.

"Dad!" I greeted him happily.

"Hello beautiful." He smiled.

"I miss you guys."

"We miss you too sweety." Isobel said as she poked her head into shot of the camera.

"How is school and England?" My dad asked.

I told them about how annoying Adam was and how much I disliked him. I told them how I really enjoyed the time I spent with Megan and that mum and me were slowly rebuilding our relationship. I spoke about how shit school was. Well the lessons were good, the people were crap. I spoke about Grace and our friendship.

"So on the whole you've had a great time, which is good." Isobel smiled. 

"Yeah. How's travelling?"

"I'm so sorry Ams, but we have to go."

My heart dropped a bit. I'd been onto him for an hour, but I hadn't seen or spoke to them both in so long. I missed them.

"Okay."

"Smile Amy, it's a good look on you." Isobel said as she blew a kiss to the camera.

"Bye guys. I miss you. Love you both."

"You too. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

Then the call ended and dad went offline. God I missed them both. There was a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I called.

"Me." My mum's voice responded.

"Come in."

My mum walked in and smiled.

"Hey." I greeted her.

"Hello darling. I was wondering if you wanted to help me cook some lunch? We could have a bit of you and me time while we cook. Meg is sleeping, John's working and Adam is at Tom's."