Chapter Forty Nine: Forgive & Forget

I sit up. Grace is still sound asleep beside me. Her chest rising and falling peacefully. I look over to my digital alarm clock. 4:30 AM.

I quietly get up, I'm thirsty. I open my door and tip toe down stairs.

I stop in the lounge.

"Adam?"

He looks up. Tears are falling down his face. He looks so pained... Almost broken.

"A-A-Amy." He chocks out.

I walk towards him.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

I should be mad at him. I am. Just not right now. He's so upset. Seeing the boy I love like this... It hurts more than when I saw him and Mickie. Seeing the tears on his face... All the anger and pain I felt evapourated and changed into concern.

He looks up at me. Tears still pouring from his eyes.

"I never wanted to hurt you. Never. I love you. But you almost died... You hurt yourself and I don't know why. Grace blames me. But I don't understand."

How much of a meat head is he? How could he not work it out already?

"You kissed her."

His eyes widen.

"You saw Mickie and I one to night of the party..."

"Yes."

I bite my lip and fight back my tears.

"How much did you see?"

"I didn't stick around for much. I saw what I had to and then left."

"Amy... She kissed me. I was drunk. And in shock. I pushed her off me. I swear to you."

Part of me wanted to believe him. To crush my lips against his and be in his strong hold. But the other part of me didn't believe him. Mickie and him had history. They were fuck buddies. Plus she was here the other night.

"Why was she here the other night?" I ask.

"She knocked on the door. I opened it and she stormed in. She tried it on with me. I told her no. I said I never wanted to see her again, let alone touch or kiss her."

She was angry when she left... She could have lied. Said her final words in spite. Lied. It sounds like something she'd do...

"She was angry. Kept telling me she loved me. I told her I love you. I had to physically pry her off me. I kicked her out. I told her never to come back. She was fuming when she left. I swear to God I never slept with her. Not since we've been dating. She kissed me at the party, but I got her off. I swear to you."

I looked at him. His distressed and pained face.

"I love you Amy." He whispers.

That's it, I give in.

I walk towards him and wrap my arms around his neck. Automatically his arms hold my waist. I shut my eyes and kiss him.

It feels so right. I've missed this. I easily lean into him as our lips work together.

He pulls back breathless.

"I'm so sorry I ever hurt you."

"Forgive and forget..." I smile.

He smiles his dazzling smile back at me.

"Now stop looking so handsome and kiss me!" I demand.

He chuckles and presses his lips back down onto mine, where they belong.

I pull back breathless.

"I think we should move this upstairs." He whispers in my ear seductivley.

"I agree."

He scoops me up bridal style and carries me up to his room.

I lay ontop of his bed and he leans over me. Both our hearts race as we undress eachother.

I look up at Adam. He looks so attractive from every angle.

I raise my head up from his strong and bare chest and sit up.

"You okay?" He asks as he sits up too.

"Yeah... I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Not letting you explain earlier. For jumping to conclusions about you and Mickie. I should have believed and trusted you."

"Forgive and forget." He smiles and presses his lips ontop of mine gently.