Chapter 14 - Families Colliding.

TW:

Homophobia

Mention of Abuse

----------------------------

"This is L'manberg." Dream said stiffly "I'm usually not allowed in the walls unless I'm delivering messages," as Helen opened her mouth his head quickly whipped in her direction. Even if you couldn't see his face you could tell he was glaring "I'll leave you to it." he nodded to Tommy and Wilbur before taking out an enderpearl and after he threw it he was gone.

"Thomas, show me my room." Tommy's mother commanded. ThatOneCanadianYT and quinn_nnuip physically cringed at her tone as Wilbur shot her a harsh glare. 

"You don't have to go to it yet," Wilbur hissed through clenched teeth "I'll take you to the backyard. Everyone is dying to meet you." Wilbur harshly grabbed her wrist dragging her away as the guards hesitated slightly.

"She doesn't have to be here y'know," quinn_nnuip stated giving him a worried look.

"Yeah, we've pretty much seen enough to report that she isn't fit to care for a child." ThatOneCanadianYT shrugged "I'm sure our boss wouldn't mind."

"Yeah!" quinn_nnuip smiled excitedly "Mayqque was one of the workers who worked on your case before they were promoted!" (Congrats on making it into the story!)

"Yeah, they were a bit mad when they heard the case was reopened because your mother wanted custody," ThatOneCanadianYT smiled. 

"That's amazing of you to offer," he smiled softly, much different from his usual hostile attitude he used as a mask, "I'll tell you if I want her to leave, for now though- I wanna prove that she doesn't mean shit to me." he smirked.

"Alright if you're sure," quinn_nnuip shrugged before heading around the side of the house to where Wilbur and Helen had disappeared.

When they got to the other side of the house it was quite an amusing sight, to say the least. It seemed that Technoblade was genuinely curious to meet Tommy's mother but his way of greeting people consisted of walking up to them and offering a small 'hullo'.

The problem was that Tommy's mother wasn't the tallest woman, and Technoblade was very tall! So when they rounded the house they got to see the sight of Technoblade looking down on Helen probably not trying to look intimidating, yet he still was, and Helen still looked like she was going to piss herself.

Wilbur in the background was struggling to keep himself from laughing small snickers escaping his mouth in the process. Niki looked worried for the woman, though it was only natural, she hadn't properly met Helen yet. Phil was nowhere to be seen so Tommy assumed he was inside.

"Techno!" Tommy said smiling broadly as he walked up to the pink-haired male "I see you met Helen," Technoblade glanced at Tommy for a moment before his gaze returned to the blonde female.

"Thomas, I know we aren't on the best of terms but please refer to me as your mother," Helen said her eyes seemingly softening "I'm sorry I lost my temper earlier but we just started with an argument..." Of course, she was playing the victim. There were more people around, can't incriminate herself.

He doubted it mattered as the guards had already seen the shit she had said, she wasn't going to have custody of him and he was sure of that. So why not have fun while she was here?

"Hm, not the best of terms- I guess you could say that," Tommy shrugged eyes narrowing "No worries you aren't like dad," he shrugged and the guards glanced at him as if questioning what he was doing while Helen looked relieved, "You target emotions, you aren't physical."

Niki's eyes which were before softened with worry for Helen quickly hardened as she glared at the woman now, mustering the most furious look her usually kind face could.

The sound of a sliding door was heard and Tommy glanced over, seeing Phil, Fundy, and Eret walking outside.

Eret was wearing a strawberry dress now, he told Tommy he was doing so earlier to make a 'special impression' on his mother. Phil was a few steps behind Eret and stopped on the other side of Techno as Eret stopped next to Tommy.

"Hello!" Eret greeted smiling widely "You must be Tommy's mother, I'm Eret," he extended a hand to Helen who looked disgusted for a moment surveying Eret before ignoring the hand and looking back at Tommy.

"Whys he dressed like that. He's a boy." Tommy physically saw Eret stiffen next to him as the white-eyed king retracted his hand pushing his sunglasses farther up his nose.

"I'm right here you don't need to communicate through Tommy," Eret growled. His glare could be felt even though you couldn't see his eyes making Tommy stifle a snicker. 

Helen merely wrinkled her nose in disgust before turning to Phil.

"And you are?" her eyes traced his wings before her light blue eyes met his deep blue ones.

"Phil. I'm Wilbur and Techno's father," Philza blinked calmly at her "I have no interest in interacting with you, as so far I can tell you almost certainly aren't getting custody." The blonde male looked at the guards for confirmation and they nodded "And I wanted to speak to Tommy's guardian so I will be on my way," Phil walked past her as she looked almost stunned purposefully allowing his wing to wack her shoulder before taking off into the air.

Helen seemed to finally realize her situation. This server wasn't going to see through her lies. They weren't going to fall for her tricks. She needed to either actually improve or give up now if she actually wanted custody of Tommy. 

So she chose the smart choice and put her head down mumbling something about asking where her room was to which Wilbur motioned for him to follow him into the house.