Chapter 19 - Change

(I can't believe my book has reached a length to where I actually need to cross-reference to make sure I'm not repeating the same name for a chapter twice.)

TW:

Insanity

Implied Verbal Abuse

Mention of Past Wound

-----------

Wilbur had changed, Techno noticed within his first week of being on the server. Techno had finally contacted Phil, explaining what was happening. His father agreed to join them later on, he had to make arrangements for someone else to take care of the Empire while both of them were away, last time it was easy because Pete was willing to take over for a little. Sadly Pete was on a small vacation and so Phil needed to find somebody else.

Now back to how Wilbur had changed. 

In the beginning, Wilbur was so thankful for Techno showing up but it was obvious his sanity was crumbling slowly. At first, it was small things, like Wilbur joking about how at the festival he should just fucking stab Schlatt.

Now it had developed into actual plans to assassinate the president, which Techno, with the help of Tommy had convinced him not to, in Techno's case yet. Tommy did most of the talking rambling on about how all the people they still cared about like Niki and Tubbo were still in the country, and that everyone's families were going to be there as well including Phil.

Speaking of Phil, apparently, he had found a temporary ruler while Pete was away. Apparently, it was Pete's usual second in command when he was left in control by the name of 'Ranboo'.

Phil was attending the festival as a trial run for Ranboo to see if the teen could handle taking care of the empire by himself, Phil would return a day later, and if everything wasn't shit he would leave Ranboo alone to rule for a bit longer. If not he would wait for Pete to get back.

Ranboo according to Phil protested heavily with being left in charge, saying that he was 'okay' at being second in command but his memory issues made it near to impossible to be first in command.

Anyways back to the festival.

It was tomorrow, Tommy was finally well enough to go some places by himself though Wilbur's insanity apparently also came with being increasingly overbearing and never letting Tommy leave the ravine.

Of course, Wilbur begrudgingly allowing Tommy to go to the festival made the youngest ecstatic. They hadn't told him yet about Phil adopting him, saving it for when his new father was present as well as his mother.

On the note of Tommy's mother, she was visiting for the festival as well. Helen had surprisingly opened her own small bakery on another server and was on the waiting list as a foster mother. All in all the festival was looking to be a joyous event.

-----------

Tommy had noticed Wilbur's change as well. Techno thought it wasn't too bad yet, that's because he went out gathering resources a lot and wasn't stuck with him.

Wilbur would yell at him, Tommy's panic attacks as a result coming more often. Techno thought it was just a result of the exile pressure.

At least Wilbur was letting him go to the festival, a pleasant surprise. Tommy would finally get to see Tubbo again! He was looking forward to it.

Tommy's mother had been sent an invite, and according to what Techno had told him she was turning her life around once again which was great. 

"TOMMY!" a voice echoed through the ravine. Tommy quickly stood up flinching at a sharp pain that blossomed in his shoulder. The arrow wound was mostly healed besides a fever that he couldn't seem to shake and some pains here and then.

"Yes, Wilbur?" Tommy called back voice echoing off the stone walls.

"Get over here I have new clothes for you!" Wilbur yelled back, Tommy grinned, this must be one of his good days. Tommy made his way through the ravine carefully before rounding the corner to be met with Wilbur and Techno. 

Techno was still in his usual outfit minus his cape, white button-up dress shirt that somehow was always clean, dark grey fitted pants, and a belt with his sword attached to it.

Wilbur's outfit was quite different. He had gotten rid of his old L'manberg uniform and now dawned a brown coat with his signature red beanie back. 

Wilbur was grinning holding up an outfit, Tommy assumed this to be his as he had gone the past week practically using bandages as a shirt.

"See!" Wilbur exclaimed happily "Its your old shirt!" The brunette held up Tommy's signature red and white shirt, and a darker red jacket to match. There weren't currently anything wrong with his pants as well as Wilbur's so they didn't bother replacing that.

"It is..." Tommy smiled taking the clothes hesitantly, "Where did you get this?"

"I did," huffed Techno "When I went on my last supply run I went to Hypixle, y'know the store server. Wilbur insisted on finding a shirt that was white and red so there ya go."

Tommy smiled and gave Techno a one-armed hug. 

"I'll go change then," Tommy said laughing a spark seemingly returning to his eyes "Gotta look nice for the festival! Got to show Philza Minecraft I am so much better then you,"

Wilbur merely smirked crossing his arms as Tommy rounded the corner again.

As soon as Tommy was out of earshot of the other two, inside his makeshift room, he would have to renovate it later, he let his 'mask' drop face falling and eyes dimming. He sighed, the mask was hard to maintain but nobody should worry about him.

Exile was hard and dealing with Wilbur was harder. People viewed him as previous vice-president! Strong! He was glad that that was how people looked at him but... he was 16, that's why he was glad when Phil, Techno, and his mother visited the first time.

For a few weeks people looked at him like he was a kid, which in reality, was what he was. No matter how many wars he fought in, no matter how much he aged mentally, he was physically 16. 

Tommy cringed scratching at his back, fucking itchy.