Chapter 3 - Talks

Tw:

Insecurity

----------------

It is a debate about whether scars are a good thing or not. Whether they show strength and bravery from fighting and risking your life for something you love. Or if it shows cowardice and weakness for being struck in the first place. 

These were the useless thoughts running through Tommy's head the next day as he made trips from his base back to L'manberg with supplies. The others didn't mention the scars again, thankfully. He sighed shuffling through some of the chests before hearing footsteps behind him. Tommy turned assuming it was Wilbur or something, he couldn't be more wrong.

Sapnap stood in his doorway sword drawn looking at him dead in the eyes.

"Snapmap,"  he greeted closing the chest and standing. He could get the rest of the materials later. 

"Tomathy," the other male responded giving him a weird look that was a mixture of sympathy and sadness.

"What's got you all depressed?" Tommy scoffed opening the chest once again half certain Sapnap wouldn't be attacking him.

"Nothing," Sapnap brushed him off "Mind rolling up your sleeve for me?" He asked gazing down at him. Tommy swore to himself before proceeding to roll up the sleeve without the scar hiding underneath it.

"Here ya go, you good bud? Acting a bit weird," Tommy said rolling his eyes before pulling it back down "You didn't come here just to ask about me sleeve- what's up?" he said shuffling through the chest again.

"Eh- Dream wanted to talk to you I just heard a rumor of sorts so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone."

"Dream wants to talk to me?" he said confused "Erm- sure I guess? You know where he is?" Sapnap shrugged at this making no further comment merely waving and exiting his small home.

----------------

As Tommy walked into the community house he immediately noticed someone there. That someone thankfully being the person he was looking for, what are the chances?

"Big D!" Tommy said walking up to Dream with a smile plastered on his face "What's upppppp!"

"Tommy, good to see you," Dream said standing "Did Sapnap find you,"

"Yep me and Snapmap talked for a bit- he said you wanted to see me?" Tommy said gazing at him curiously "Sooooo? What is up?"

"Walk with me Tommy," Dream said exiting the community house leading him along the wooden pathway. Both of the men stayed silent for a few minutes until Tommy finally pipped up.

"Are we literally just here for a walk because if so you're shit at planning," Tommy said wrinkling his nose. The masked man let out a small chuckle at this comment.

"No, I just wanted to ask you something," Dream said continuing to walk "Tommyinnit," Tommy gulped slightly at his full name being used- it had honestly been a while since he knew everyone on the server by now. "Do you know why I invited you to the Dream SMP?" 

"I... no? I guess I've asked but you never told me," Tommy shrugged as he walked next to Dream "Are you finally gonna tell me why?"

"Yeah," Dream responded going silent for a moment "Tommy you remind me a lot of myself when I was your age. After Wilbur told me what he had... discovered I knew that I made the right decision inviting you to the server." Tommy scowled at Dream's comment. Of course, he was flattered that Dream thought the great Tommyinnit reminded him of himself but hearing that Wilbur had told the owner of the server just made Tommy pissed.

"Of course he fucking told you..." muttered Tommy under his breath, suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder jerk him to a stop.

"It's better that he did tell me, Tommy. I know that it might be hard to trust him after this but its what was best, he told me so that we can help you, Tommy,"

"I don't want to be fucking helped!" He yelled slapping Dream's hand and taking off. They had reached the end of the wooden path, he vaulted a fence and ran into the woods.