Chapter 4 - Lost

TW:

Anxiety Attacks

Blood

Swearing

----------------

It had taken a full hour of running for Tommy to finally get tired and collapse. He was panting and sweaty, the sun going down in the distance, had he really run for that long? Well, adrenaline did funny things to the body.

As Tommy looked up he glanced around at the unfamiliar trees. He didn't know where he was he realized, did it matter though? He probably wouldn't have gone back until tomorrow anyways. Let Wilbur panic, he deserved it, Tommy thought as he stood.

"Hello?" he called into the woods, maybe someone would hear him? A village might be nearbye- hopefully not one that knew of the players burning down other villages- a twig snapped was heard behind him.

Tommy spun on his heel immediately as an arrow grazed his arm. He panicked looking down at his and sighed in relief, it was only a small cut. Only bleeding slightly,

Bleeding.

Panic overtook his mind flooding all of his senses at once. He collapsed again eyes wide in panic, if he hadn't looked at the damn scratch. He would have killed the skeleton and been done with it. Instead he now lay curled in a ball shaking tears streaming down his face as he let out a blood curdling scream.

----------------

Eret jolted awake, he wasn't sure why but something was off... that's when he heard the scream. It was faint but it sounded so sad and desperate. Swinging his legs off the bed he slammed open his door running out the door immediately, his hear already equipped. Running into the forest right behind his castle he searched desperately, for someone, anyone that could have made that scream.

Eret finally stumbled into a clearing to see a skeleton taking shots at Tommy while the poor boy laid curled in a ball in the middle an arrow sticking out of his leg. Eret quickly killed the skeleton before picking up the sobbing boy, what had happened? Tommy was well beyond the point of one arrow taking him down- he knew that from his time with L'manberg before his betrayl. Skeletons shouldn't have been an issue for him...

----------------

Tommy's eyes fluttered open the next morning and he immediately shot up. What had happened?! Where was he- where was that damn skeleton?!

"Your awake," someone said next to him, turning quickly he spotted Eret sitting next to his bed in a chair, he looked exhausted- even with his glasses covering his eyes. 

"You're a bastard," Tommy replied attempting to get out of the bed before hissing in pain. Throwing back the blankets he spotted a bandage on his leg before glancing at Eret again "Was this you?" he glared at Eret.

"Nah, just found you being attacked by a skeleton in the middle of the woods. No big deal huh?" Eret said his eyes raising an obvious question hanging in the air. Tommy, of course, chose to ignore it.

"Thanks, wheres my gear?" He said getting out of the bed with a slight limp ignoring the pain. Eret motioned to a chest next to the bed, Tommy took his gear before limping to the door. 

"You need help getting back?" Eret said tilting his head at Tommy's leg. Tommy contemplated this for a moment before promptly spitting in Eret's direction which produced a sigh from the older. 

"Nope, especially not from you bitch," Tommy scoffed before opening the door and limping out. He didn't need help from anyone, he was the great Tommyinnit! Limping to the entrance of the castle he slowly made his way along the wooden pathway like he had the day before with Dream, except this time limping, and going the opposite way. 

Though Tommy would never admit it he was glad that Eret had found him. Realistically he probably would have died if the man hadn't shown up. Tommy continued along the path deep in thought before letting out a grunt of pain as he bumped into someone falling backwards.

"What the-" someone began turning looking down "Tommy?! Where the hell were you?" Tommy looked up to see Wilbur offering him a hand looking down at him his eyes a mixture of anger and worry. Tommy slapped his hand away getting up by himself with a slight struggle.

"I was at Eret's. Now leave me alone," He muttered, no use lying but no use telling the whole truth either. That was becoming his moto. 

"Eret's?!" Wilbur said his voice angry "What did that bastard do- is that why your leg is bandaged?!" Wilbur said laying his hand on Tommy's shoulder. Tommy proceeded to flick the hand away.

"No." he said simply continuing to limp down the path "Just leave me alone, I wanna get back." Tommy snapped leaving the older boy stunned and looked at his back as the younger boy limped away slowly.