Chapter 15 - Sorry

TW:

Nothing this is a wholesome chapter :>

---------------

Tommy's mother was being quite polite and decent compared to when she had first gotten here, saying a gracious amount of 'thank you's and 'sorry's. She seemed to have realized the horrible first meeting she had with nearly everyone in L'manberg and was trying to make up for it.

Helen had apologized to Eret almost every day along with a compliment on how he looked stunning every time he wore the dress again. She helped Niki make the meals and even helped others like Fundy, Jack, and sometimes Wilbur with collecting materials.

The only person she hadn't talked to and apologized was Tommy. To be telling the truth she was nervous, she had been here for around 4 days now without uttering another word to him. She had 3 days left to be here and she was determined to make them reconnecting with her son time.

Helen was proud of Tommy, who wouldn't be? He had fought in a war only a few months ago, was the youngest on the server, and managed to win independence for the nation he was now running as vice president alongside Wilbur.

These were the thoughts that had flashed through her head as she stood at the back doorway of the L'manbergians house surrounded by towering walls. Tommy was sitting at the edge of the lake with his shoes off, she had noticed he went here every night.

Helen was hesitant, wanting to talk to him but scared to mess up, for the third time. The first was leaving him alone with his father. The second was the way she reacted when they first met up again. She wasn't going to make another mistake.

Taking a deep breath she walked forward and silently sat next to Tommy who seemed to stiffen at her presence.

"Hi." The blonde male muttered stiffly eyes darting from the lake to her quickly.

"Hi..." she said quietly gazing across the lake. They sat like this for a while, just silent before Helen spoke up "I just want you to know I'm proud of you," she near whispered "I know that means nothing to you anymore, but you've gotten so far without my help,"

"I..." Tommy seemed stunned for a moment his thoughts racing, Helen, his mother, was proud? "Yeah I guess- even if I don't like you it still means a lot coming from you," his mother nodded a small smile playing across her lips.

"I don't want custody of you anymore," Tommy looked at her shocked "I've seen the family you created, I'm not taking that away from you."

"Well," Tommy began facing back towards the lake smiling "You'll get another chance in the future," his mother hummed nodding.

"Maybe adoption is better, give kids that aren't content a chance," Helen smiled finally looking at him as he met her gaze.

"You were an okay mother before the accident, you'll do fine," Tommy smiled kindly at her. They sat like this in silence for a bit longer both gazing at the lake before Helen started the conversation again.

"Can... can I see it?" she questioned quietly. Tommy was quiet for a moment before rolling up his sleeve to let her look at the beginning of his scar. She gasped lightly touching it with gentle hands "I'm so sorry I left you that night..." she whispered pulling him into a hug.

"It's okay, you were fed up with dad. He is in prison now- there's no chance of him coming back." Tommy hugged her back and slowly laid his head in her lap before falling asleep. 

Just a biological mother and son coming to terms with each other after years of no contact.

(Yo how pissed would ya'll be if I made JSchlatt Tommy's dad? Also short chapter but I just wanted one that was purely fluff and making up)