Chapter 18 - Arrival

TW:

Infected Wounds

Mention of Dying

-------------

Wilbur had found an underground ravine while digging out their new temporary home, it served well as shelter so he moved most of the items they owned there along with digging out a small room to shelter Tommy in.

It had been around a week since they had been exiled, Tommy was a great help at first, but with no access to bandages or cleansing wipes the wound which they had by now extracted the arrow from had become infected. His younger brother was now bedridden with a fever from the infection.

Wilbur had tried to sneak into L'ma- sorry, Manberg now, for medicine but was quickly caught and chased out. 

Now he was on the phone with Techno explaining what happened.

"So in short- you were banned from the country you made because you lost the election you ran?" Techno summed up.

"Yeah-" Wilbur began before shifting the camera to Tommy who was laying on his stomach in bed so the wound on the back of his shoulder wouldn't be disturbed "Schlatt also exiled Tommy- I've tried to treat his wound but we have no access to healing potions or bandages so it got infected."

Techno seemed to grumble something under his breath before sighing "Alright- I and Phil literally left a week ago and this already happens. At least you aren't the one who screwed him up this time." Wilbur flinched slightly at the comment.

"Yeah- I- you don't have to join the war but I wanted to know if you could at least bring us health pots and other healing materials, I tried sneaking into Manberg but I'm always caught..." Wilbur frowned shifting the camera back to his own face.

"Yeah... yeah no," Wilbur's heart seemed to stop for a moment before Techno continued "I'm bringing you the healing supplies and I am definitely joining the war. Those guys messed with my brothers." Growled Techno.

"I-" Wilbur paused for a moment eyebrows furrowing "I know that I view Tommy as my brother but I didn't know you saw him that way-" Techno scoffed at the statement laughing slightly.

"Did Phil not tell you then?" Techno questioned. Wilbur tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"Tell me what?" the brunette questioned.

"Dad started the paperwork on adopting Tommy," Techno flashed an unnerving grin "Means I can't stab him anymore,"

"He- really?!" questioned Wilbur the excitement shining through his words "That's awesome! He'll finally have a true family!"

"Yeah- I'll be there tonight. I still have access to the portal so I can get in, plus by your description, I assume Dream wants nothing to do with this election so he won't stop me." Techno commented and Wilbur nodded.

"I'll see you soon?" Wilbur questioned.

"Yeah," Techno huffed hanging up.

"Please hurry," murmured Wilbur setting his communicator aside.

It still baffled the former president that besides Eret- nobody had bothered to come after them. From what Eret told him, Tubbo and Fundy were part of Schlatt's cabinet now.

Wilbur sighed leaning against the wall of the cramped room. The sweet smell of infection and dried blood filled the room.

Wilbur glanced over at Tommy whose face was scrunched up in pain. What was he going to do...

-------------

Eret had just gotten back from being chewed out by Schlatt. Despite not being part of Manberg apparently, he still shouldn't be talking to Wilbur or Tommy. 

He was sicklily worried for Tommy. The boy had been sick with a fever last time Eret had seen him though not enough for him to be bedridden yet. He had tried to give them the stuff to treat the wound but had been stopped by Manberg guards. Now he was being watched in his castle because he was now 'an enemy of state'.

It had been around 2 days since he had last seen the two, unable to leave his castle without being attacked by Manberg guards. 

-------------

Tubbo had, like Eret, tried to sneak out to check on Tommy. He had talked to Eret actually told Tubbo about Tommy's fever which made the older boy's worry increase tenfold.

When he had been stopped by Schlatt calling him to his office and hearing about the 'Family Festival'. The festival seemed like a better way to get into contact with Tommy without risking being caught. 

-------------

Techno didn't tell Phil he was leaving. It wasn't uncommon for him to leave without telling his adoptive father, he caught hell with it the first time but after the first few when he returned mostly unscathed Phil didn't bother scolding him anymore.

Hearing and seeing about Tommy's condition had seemed to light a fire within him, he didn't feel the same way for Tommy that he felt for Wilbur, more of a suppressed version. But Tommy was going to be his brother soon and seeing Wilbur look so desperate to help the younger definitely was driving him.

He was currently standing outside the portal to the Dream smp. If others were to walk through it nothing would happen as Dream hadn't allowed them to enter. But Techno still had access to it.

Letting out a huff he stepped through the portal. He landed on the other side only a slight turn in his stomach. Standing outside the portal was Dream... not good.

"Techno," Dream said clicking his tongue "Back so soon?"

"I'm sure you know what's happening," Techno shrugged walking past him. Dream fell into step with him.

"So you're actually gonna help Wilbur and Tommy?" Dream asked with mild curiosity. Techno merely nodded- he was heading into the forest in contrast to going through the Dream smp lands. Then everyone would know he was here.

"Need to help the family right?" Techno huffed adjusting the bag he was carrying. 

"Ah yes!" Dream said clapping his hands almost like a child "I and Phil are in the middle of signing papers, as again until the papers are finalized I am Tommy's legal guardian," 

"Then act like it." growled Techno "I know you own the smp but you could at least keep him from dying."

Dream let out an obviously exaggerated gasp "Dying?! I had no~ idea!" Dream snickered "I'll see you later Techno," The pinkette merely nodded speeding his pace slightly.

-------------

Wilbur still sat next to Tommy's bed, he had given Techno the coords so he could find the base. The younger had seemed to get worse in the few hours since Techno had hung up. His brother should be here soon thankfully.

Tommy's breathing was shallow his eyes fluttering feverishly. It was clear the infection was spreading, that's what happens if you leave a wound untreated for so long. 

The sound of footsteps echoed outside the temporary medical bay Wilbur had created. Wilbur didn't bother looking up. Either it was Techno or both he and Tommy had been found.

"Did someone say rebellion?" a voice growled.