Part 38

The punditji finishes the hawan and gives the prasad(offerings) to everyone.

Nani "Khushi and Payal come here. From today the responsibility of this house and of my two grandsons rests with you. I know both of you have received very good upbringing and will take good care of them. However I do understand that all this is new and you need time to adjust here. You will get full support from me and Anjali and ofcourse your husband. Do let me know if they trouble you, specially you Khushi because I know Chote can be very difficult at times."

Anjali "No need to worry about Chote, Nani. Haven't you noticed, it is only Bhabhi who can deal with him when he is in one of his foul moods. Besides Nani the other and the most important thing you forgot to notice is, that both of them were again late for hawan just like breakfast. What happened Bhabhi?"

Khushi blushes and nani places her hand on her head and says "Khushi don't pay attention to them and enjoy your life." Saying this she leaves.

Anjali "enjoy your life. What do you say Akash shall we go from here so that they may enjoy their lives."

Arnav "enough Di, leave her alone now"

Anjali "touchy".

They all sit in the hall and discuss yesterday's events. Arnav again receives a call, but before taking it he glances in Khushi's direction.

Khushi too looked at him at this very minute. He sits there and finishes his call.

"what happened Chote you did not go to your room to take the call. Or were you afraid we might trouble your Khushi, so decided to keep an eye on us."

Arnav does not reply to it."Akash, Mr Sharma had called. We had fixed a meeting with him for next week but he would be out that week so he wants to hold it tomorrow. Is the presentation ready?"

Akash "Bhai the presentation is almost ready, but tomorrow?"

Arnav "why what happened, what's wrong with tomorrow?"

Akash "nothing Bhai," after a pause he adds shyly "actually I had planned a trip to Europe with Payalji. We were planning to leave tonight. I had thought of giving Payalji a surprise. With the new developments I forgot to ask you about it. But don't worry we can go later. This is more important"

Anjali "No Akash, you and Payal carry on with your honeymoon. That is more important than anything else. You get to know and understand each other better when you are way from all the mundane activities of life. What about you Chote?When and where are you taking bhabhi"

Arnav hadn't expected this so mutters "later"

Anjali "what do you mean"

Arnav "Di, you know I have a lot of work and especially with Akash away it would be doubled"

Anjali "mamaji can take care of it"

Arnav "he already has lots to do, so I don't want to burden him further. No problem we'll go later"

Anjali "but Chote, have you discussed it with Bhabhi, even she must be looking forward to it."

Khushi bursts out "No...I mean no Di, its OK" she is unable to continue, and looks away.

Arnav "Di, I have already discussed it with her. She understands that there is a lot of work pending here and I cannot take out time now. We'll go when they are back. Is that OK now."

Anjali "but Chote, Bhabhi.."

Khushi "no Di he does have some important meeting scheduled for next week."

Akash "what meeting Bhai.You didn' tell me."

Arnav "since you were busy, I thought I would handle them"

Anjali is not at all happy with this but none the less agrees.

Akash "Bhai are you sure, you'll manage or should I postpone my trip."

Arnav "Ofcourse not. You carry on as per your plan, I'll take care of everything here. Just mail me the presentation when it is done."

Akash "I'll just finish it and mail it to you." He leaves.

Anjali "Payal you also go and pack and do let me know if you need anything."

Payal also leaves. Arnav leaves for his study to finish off his work. The rest of the day passed off as usual.

In the evening they had an early dinner as Akash and Payal had to leave. Di had informed them that Sham too had gone out of town for a couple of days.

On hearing this Khushi had heaved a sigh of relief. After dinner she had spent some time with nani then with Anjali. She did not want to retire to her room so early, as she was not sure what he would be doing. But when Anjali also told her that she was tired and would sleep she was left with no option.

Arnav was busy on his laptop, when she entered. She changed her clothes and went to sit outside near the pool. She was watching the stars when he comes and sits besides her.