Part 10

He is so devastated by what he has just heard that he does not notice the small sob from Khushi.

His eyes fall on Khushi's fragile figure on the bed and notices that she is shivering.When his gaze travels to her face "What the?" Her eyes were tightly shut but tears were streaming down the sides. He immediately bends forward "Khushi, ... ..... Khushi .........,please open your eyes,.........please Khushi",he says in a husky voice.By now she had started crying uncontrollably.She opens her eyes and sees Arnav close to her, bending on her with all the love and concern.She is unable to control herself anymore and hugs him tightly.Arnav lifts her up and hugs her.He sits on the bed besides her and tightens his arms around her. Arnav almost pleadingly "Khushi please stop crying, you know I cant bear to see tears in your eyes. Shshshshsh, everything will be fine."

Khushi in between her sobs "No Arnavji, you don't understand"

Arnav " don't talk now, we will talk about everything later, you need to rest, so no"

Khushi "no Arnavji I want to tell you something now, please listen to me for once.." she looks up into his eyes. She could see the pain that he was going through, plus something else- was it love for her or compassion or ...... she was not able to name it.

Arnav places his finger on her lips and stops her from saying anything. Khushi could not take it any more, she knew that she had to tell him everything now before Sham did anything else to his Di. She had woken up when Sham had knocked on the door. She had kept her eyes closed because she thought that it was Arnav who had walked in. She knew that if she looked at him now her eyes would give her away, he would know how much she loved him.So she was buying time to compose herself, when she felt her hand been taken up and a cunning and sly voice of Sham asking her how she was. She was shocked to hear his voice and had kept her eyes shut, thinking that he would go away. But his outburst was not something that she had expected. Slowly slowly she started getting answers to all the things that had been happening in the last couple of months. She realized how dangerous he was and thought it better to pretend to be unconscious. But now when she heard Arnav's voice it seemed that life had began to flow back into her. She held onto him tightly never to let him go, and he was doing the same holding on to his precious life.

Khushi removes his fingers from her lips and loosens her grip on him. He also sit more confortably beside her,but does not let her go.He pulls her back into his arms and makes her rest her head on his chest. He places his cheeks on her head. They sit like this for sometime. Then Khushi gathers all her courage and softly says "Arnavji please listen to me.You wanted to know about my mangatar and why I broke off with.... Well he is non other than your jijaji ...." She pauses after saying this waiting for his reaction. But on getting non she looks up at him.

Arnav "Khushi I know, I heard it all" he tells her. He is exhausted of all his emotions. Khushi keeps staring at him.

Khushi "Believe me I wanted to tell this to you earlier but was afraid as to how you would react.I did not have any proof.And I know your opinion about me and was sure that you would think this to be another attempt of mine to trap rich men" Arnav flinches at her words. Khushi notices that her words have hurt him. She slowly places her face back on his chest and murmurs softly to herself"I knew it would shatter you and hum aapko toota hua nahi dekh sakta(I cannot see you breaking down)". She tightens her grip on his shirt, and closes her eyes.

Arnav " Khushi I would have believed you even if I had not heard it from him today. I know I have said horrible things to you but I have believed whatever you said. The only thing that has existed in our relationship from the beginning is that we don't lie to each other.I would have believed every word you would have said." Saying this he slowly lifts her face with his hands and they look into each others eyes. Both understanding the pain the other was going through.

There is a knock on the door. They slowly and unwillingly pull part. Arnav "Khushi we will discuss this later, but I want you to keep quite about it for now" She just nods. Arnav goes to open the door.

This story is written by med writer Pearl.so the credit for this story goes to her.