Part 15

His phone rings. He picks up the call. It was Akash. He has a small chat with him and then comes and stands in front of her. "Khushi, Akash and Payal are downstairs. They will be taking you home. You go with them and think calmly on what I have just said" Saying this he turns to go.

He reaches the door and is about to open it but hesitates and turns around to have one last look at her. She was still sitting in the same position. Her legs were drawn up to her chest and her hands folded resting on them. She was looking extremely beautiful in the morning, devoid of any makeup. Colour had started returning to her cheeks. "Khushi!" he says in his deep husky voice. Khushi looks up at him. She looked so innocent and adorable like a small child that he could not control himself. He rushes to her and hugs her tightly into his arms. "Khushi .. ..." he is unable to continue further and buries his face in her hair. He brushes his lips on her hair and just as fast as he had come gets up to go. He reaches the door and opens it to go out. He pauses, turns and " Khushi ,.......... I hope it's a yes" again a pause and the "Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada." Not waiting for her to respond or see her reaction he goes out and closes the door behind him.

Khushi's mouth opens in astonishment. Khushi has still not recovered from the shock of being in his arms and feeling his lips on her hair that this new jolt. He had pressed his lips to her hair or not she was not sure but her instinct told her that he had. And this Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada was too much. She blushes thinking of it. She had also noticed a twinkle in his eyes when he had said Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada or had she imagined it. No it had been there she told herself.

She did not get much time to think on it as Akash and Payal had come in, to take her. Akash tells her that he had spoken to Bhai and he had taken care of the discharge papers and now they could immediately leave. Payal asked her how she was feeling and helped her get ready. Akash told them he would wait outside the room. Payal had brought a change of clothing for her. She had been brought to the hospital in the lehanga that she had worn for the sangeet. She now changed her clothes and went home with them.

Amma and buaji were waiting for her. They had prepared jilabies for her. They all inquired about her health. She went to see her babuji and told him that she was perfectly fine. He was happy to see her. Buaji asks Khushi to take rest and sleep for the day as the wedding was to take place day after tomorrow, and there was a lot of work. Khushi needed time to think on what Arnav had said. So without saying a word she goes to her room to rest. She lies down on her bed, but sleep is miles away.

All she could think of was "Marry me". How she had longed to hear these words from him but had known that it was one dream that would never come true. But today he had asked her to marry him, for whatever reasons , all reasons seemed immaterial .She had loved him inspite of everything that he had said to her. She realized that love is not only blind but also deaf. She had never paid any attention to the horrible things that he had said because deep down in her heart she had known that she loved him. She had realized that he had gone through a horrid past and whatever he said or did had been a result of that. She had always forgiven him.

 But now "Marry me", she did not know what to do. Her heart told her to say yes but her mind had other plans. Her mind kept telling her that she meant nothing to him and he was doing this only for his Di , but her heart told her that he had feelings for her. Otherwise why the brush of lips on her hair, why the twinkle in his eyes when he had said Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada. It felt so good to hear it. She was tempted to say yes, but knowing what the repercussions would be after six months she stopped. She knew that after six months she would not be able to live her life again. 

These six months would be hers forever and she would have lived her life in these six months. After that, he had said he would take the entire blame, but would she be able to blame him. Would she like others to hate him for doing this to her? She knew everyone would be hurt and would blame him and hate him for this. No she would not let her love hurt him. She couldn't let others hate him for no fault of his. She decides to say "No" in the evening. Having taken the decision she falls asleep. She is woken up at 5.00 in the evening by her Buaji."Titaliya, ab kasi tabiyat ha, kuch kaa lo." She has brought food for her. Khushi sits up and has her food. She is dreading to call him, because she knows he would be angry on hearing her 'no'. He had been expecting her to say yes and a no would definitely annoy him. Its better to let him be angry now than to see others hate him later. Thinking this she decides to call him.