Part 7

Arnav is shocked to see Khushi faint in his arms. He immediately lifts her up and rushes to the hospital, stopping in his room to pick up the car keys. He is unable to think of anything else except his Khushi . He takes her to the emergency ward and asks the doctor on duty to look at her. He tells the doctor that a scorpion had bit Khushi's hand and they had put the ointment. The doctor is surprised as to how he could have been so negligent and not brought her immediately. The poison could be deadly and could already have spread to other parts of her body. Arnav is shaken to the core. The doctors ask Arnav to wait outside the room.He asks the doctor to do anything and save his Khushi. The doctor leaves him and goes inside the room.

Arnav is standing outside the room pacing the corridor. He is reminded of the time when Khushi had hugged him in the hospital corridor when her babuji had fallen ill. Each and every moment spent with her comes racing back to his mind. He realizes that he cannot live without his Khushi. He remembers his Di's words that a girl will come in his life that will change everything for him. The thought of losing her would take his breath away. He felt it happening now. He was finding it hard to breathe. He remembered Khushi's word at the mandir when she had said "ki jab aap bhagvan mei wishwas karna lagaga tab hum nahi hoga". His throat was choked with emotions. He started walking towards the statue of Deviji towards the end of the corridor. He stood in front of it for some time and just dropped down on his knees and buried his face in his hands. "I have never believed in You but she is an ardent follower of Yours, Mujha maaf kardijiya, meri galti ki saza Khushi ko mat deejiya, " Tears start rolling down his eyes. Realization dawned on him that he had loved Khushi from the day she had first fallen into his arms at the Fashion show. He had been angry with her, had been hurting her everytime they met, had been fighting with her only to hide his own feelings. He felt so vulnerable when she was around. She could touch his heart and soul like no one else could. She could see him through and through even when he was wild with anger. She alone had the courage to stand up to him, talk back to him, when others had even dreaded facing him. He had actually been fighting himself all this while denying his feelings for her,

but today he could not lie to himself . He knew that his world would be shattered if Khushi was not in it. He bows his head down and then slowly gets up. This realization had given him the strength to fight for his life- his Khushi.

The doctor comes and informs him that Khushi is out of danger but would remain unconscious for some time. She had been shifted to a private room and he can go and see her. Arnav thanks the doctor and turns to go to Khushi's room. He has just gone a few steps when he turns back and comes and stands in front of Deviji's statue. He thanks Her for saving his Khushi for him and bends and touches Her feet. He then runs to see his Khushi. Khushi was lying on the bed. She looked beautiful even now, though pale. He slowly comes and sits on the stool next to the bed. He lifts up Khushi's hand into both his palms and tightens his grip around her hand. He bends forward and kisses her on her forehead and murmurs "Don't ever do this to me again Khushi , I wont be able to take it". He sits there holding her hand and looking at her for a long time. He realizes that he has not informed anyone at home and decides to call up rm. He is about to let go of Khushi's hand when he sees that it's the same hand which he had been wanting to see since yesterday. He opens her palm and starts looking at the intricately woven pattern on her hands. He is unable to see the A hidden in it. He feels very disappointed and hurt and is about to turn away when his eyes fall on the A. He traces it with his fingers and bends forward to kiss it and is lost in its beautiful smell. A faint smile appears on his lips. .He remembers the new years eve when Khushi had laid down beside him on the bed, and he had got up in anger but got lost in her looks. He remembered his Di's words which she had spoken when Khushi had been making Rangoli with her, the last face you would like to see before going to bed would be of the person you love the most and the first face you would like to see in the morning would be hers. "naniji you were right, her husband is going to love , well no actually loves her more than anything else in this world and will give her all the happiness she deserves. I will not let the colour or smell of her mehndi ever fade from her hands or heart ." Promising this to himself he goes out of the room to call the rm.