Part 35

Khushi pointing to the kurta pyjama in her hands "Anjaliji, mmm I mean Di has bought this for you?"

He just nods and goes to the dressing table to comb his hair.

Khushi comes and stands next to him. Their eyes meet in the mirror.

Arnav "Khushi what is it?"

Khushi "You know. Why don't you wear it, since she has especially bought it for you?"

Arnav "you know it don't like to wear it"

Khushi "but at times you do have to take into considerations what others feel for you. She would be so happy to see you in this."

Arnav "what about you"

Khushi "what about me"

Arnav "do you also want to see me wearing this"

Khushi smiles "not a bad idea. I have never seen you wear anything other than the white, blue and brown shirt of yours."

Arnav "what do I get if I wear it"

Khushi "what..."

Arnav "what do I get"

Khushi "what do you want"

Arnav turns and removes the clutcher from her hair. They come cascading down. "This. If you promise to wear it loose always, I'll wear this".

Khushi is unable to look at him, she lowers her eyes. "Promise". She hands over the kurta pyjama to him. He goes to change it.

Khushi meanwhile brushes her hair. She touches the red sindoor on her forehead and the manglasutra that she was wearing. She still could not believe that she was married to him, but it was these things that told her that she was a married woman now. The other thing that reminded her that she was married to him was his coming out of the washroom casually and standing behind her to look at himself in the mirror. He was looking extremely handsome in this new dress.

Khushi could not stop staring at him.

He comes closer to her and whispers in her ear "Are sure you want to go down, I can think of n number of things that we can do here".

She turns red. She realized that she had been staring at him and quickly looks away. She almost runs to the door and is about to open it when Arnav stops her

"Khushi wait,"

Khushi "no ..."

Arnav" I mean it, don't walk away like this, you know I don't like it. Besides we need to talk before we go down."

She looks at him questioningly. He gestures her to sit on the bed and himself comes and sits next to her.

Arnav "Khushi I know what has happened in the last couple of days has been too much to digest. But we did not get time to think. We had to act immediately." He pauses "when we go down, he will be there."

Khushi's eyes widen. She had totally forgotten about him.

"I know it is going to be very difficult to sit on the same table with him every day, but we have no choice. Don't lose your control and don't let him know that you are worked up because of him. Look he is a very dangerous and cunning man." He notices how Khushi tightens her grip on her saree. He lifts her hand and presses it into his "if you do this everytime he is near he will know that he still affects you. People like him tend to read things that they don't see. So we will have to be very careful. We will have to show him that we really love each other and that this marriage though in haste was because we could not stay away from each other. I know he might try to corner you but you stick to me or stay where everyone is. Don't leave my side. As long as I am with you he won't even think of coming near. So take care and don't worry I will be there."

Khushi turns pale on listening all this. She knew that whatever Arnav had said was true but she still could not bring herself to sit opposite Sham and have her tea. She had lost all her eagerness to go down.

Arnav knew this was going to happen but he wanted her to be well prepared before she went down. He pulls her to her feet "chalo lets go down"

Khushi"mmm you go ahead I'll join you in a minute"

Arnav "what happened a minute back you were almost running away from me and now you want to stay here." Raises an eye brow at her "Changed your mind, good for me."

Khushi in anger "Stop it Arnavji. Just leave me alone, I'll come down when I am ready"

Arnav "No Khushi, I am not going down without you. You take your time, I can wait." He sits back on the bed and closes his eyes.

Khushi looks down at him. She knew he was very stubborn and would not go down alone. They were already getting late for Puja.

Khushi grudgingly says "ok let's go", after a pause looking at him almost pleadingly "will you stay with me?"

Arnav takes her hand "I'll always be with you, promise. Shall we go now?" she nods.

They are almost at the door and Arnav is about to open it when he turn to her and says "oh I forgot something."

Khushi looks up at him.

He smiles lovingly at her "Good Morning Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada",and with that the twinkle was back in his eyes.

Khushi retorts immediately "Good Morning Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada", and then realizes that he had deliberately wished her to bring a smile to her lips. They walk down to the dining hall for the morning breakfast.

Everyone was already present.

Anjali notices them coming hand in hand "Chote, naniji and mamiji are also here."

They hadn't realized that they were still holding hands. Khushi quickly pulls her hand out from his clasp.

Target: 140+ votes