Part 39

She was watching the stars when he comes and sits besides her.

Arnav "so how was your first day as Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada?"

Khushi "not bad,if I forget the first half."

Arnav "you want to forget the first half completely", hurt by her comment. He was remembering how he had worn the kurta pyjama for her and had enjoyed teasing her.

Khushi realizes that she has hurt him and says "no not the full first half only the part after breakfast"

Arnav "Khushi,I have already said so.."

Khushi knows that it is difficult for him to admit his mistake, so she cuts him off before he could finish it "its ok, forget it."

Arnav "how can you forget and forgive so easily. Had I been in your place I would have yelled at everyone"

Khushi grin "I know, but it's not difficult, all you have to do is think of the person, and the reason why he acted the way he did. And once you understand the reason behind it you will forgive him."

Arnav in a husky voice "Khushi, do you apply this logic to me also?"

Khushi senses the change in him and is not able to continue. Besides how could she tell him that she always forgave him because she loved him.

Arnav "Khushi you have not answered me?"

Khushi "Arnavji, its getting late, I'll go and sleep." Saying this she leaves and goes to bed.

Arnav sat there for quite some time and before going to bed. She had established a routine for herself. She would get up early prepare breakfast for all. He would come down finish his breakfast and leave for office. The rest of the day she would spend chatting with nani and Anjaliji.

At times Mamiji would join in too. She mellowed down a bit. Arnav had made it a point to return home on time for dinner. They would all have dinner together and then he would retire early to his room and work on the laptop. Khushi would change and spend some time near the pool and then would go to sleep. Sometimes he would join her at the poolside. They would discuss the normal day to day stuff but both avoided anything that was personal. The only thing that they both enjoyed doing together was wishing Good Morning and Good Night.

Khushi had started enjoying being called Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada by him and he too would never miss out on wishing her. It had almost become a game for them as to who was the first one to wish and the other would always retort back.

In the mornings it was normally Khushi who was up before him and won the match, while at night Arnav would wish her first even if she was not going to bed immediately. They would always sleep with smiles on their lips. –

The rest of the week passed off peacefully.

Arnav had toned down a lot. He too was leaning not to shout and be angry at everyone. Even in the office the gossip was that his wife had tamed the mighty ASR.

Arnav admired Khushi and the ease with which she had adopted herself to this new change. She had filled the RM with love and laughter. She had become so indispensible that everyone would be calling her out for something or the other. She would give medicines to nani, she would assist Anjali in her Puja and even OP would ask her what to prepare for lunch or dinner.

Anjali had told her about the likes and dislikes of all. She would always keep that in mind while preparing lunch or dinner. Akash and Payal had not yet come back. Khushi had spoken to Payal a few times and had been very happy to know that they were enjoying themselves. She had visited her Buaji also and they had been very pleased to see her happy. Babuji too had improved and had started walking with a stick.

Everything was going smoothly when one fine day Di tells them at the breakfast table that Sham had called and had good news for them.

Arnav and Khushi had not expected this.They were waiting to hear the good news when Anjali tells them that Sham would be returning in the evening and giving it to them himself. Both were stressed out and by the time Sham calls everyone in the hall to announce the good news Arnav had lost his patience. He was shouting as usual and had even yelled at Khushi when she gave him his back coffee.

Arnav "Khushi you know I like it hot, its cold, if you can't make it let OP do it."

Khushi looked at him coldly and took the cup from him and made another hot one for him.

Anjali "Chote why are you shouting at Bhabhi"

Arnav "Di you stay out of this"

Khushi "Di, leave him alone, he will cool himself off, just like the cold coffee that I had served him." She had said this to Di but looking at Arnav.

Arnav had realized his mistake but looked away in anger.

Sham "I know everyone is waiting for the good news, and the good news is that i have get a job in Mumbai. I had gone to Mumbai and had given an interview for a job in the Pratap and Pratap Law Firm. They have appointed me and want me to join in from Monday. They are offering a handsome salary along with board and lodging. I have accepted the offer and am planning to shift to Mumbai with Rani Sahiba"

Arnav "What ?"