Part 28

Arnav realizes that Khushi had succeeded in stealing Akash's shoes.

Akash "Khushiji, I know you have my shoes"

Khushi "how can I have them. You have two strong body builders as your brothers who were on guard, so how come your shoes go missing."

NK "Khushiji you have got them, right"

Khushi "No, what will I do with his shoes. I don't wear them. And besides I was told that it is impossible to steal his shoes. I am really surprised. Who has the guts to steal Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada's brothers shoes, that too from right under his nose." She looks at Arnav mischievously.

Arnav moves towards Khushi "so you don't have them."

Khushi "I mmm , well actually..."

Arnav "I am still waiting for your answer"

Khushi "then keep waiting. I am talking to my Jijaji now so don't bother."

Arnav his voice rising "Khushi don't talk to me like that"

NK "but when did you do that and how. I and Nanav where there all the time and I did not see you taking them"

Khushi "because I did not take them"

NK "Then"

Khushi "remember when I came and asked you, if you were enjoying the ceremonies and I tripped. Well actually I had not tripped, but only acted it out. I was putting on jijaji's shoes under my lehnga. You didn't notice and neither did you Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada." She looks straight into Arnav's eyes and adds "how are you now? I think you should stop looking around and stealing glances at others and start watching stuff that is right under your nose."

Arnav "Khushi Kumari Gupta" emphasizing on Kumari Gupta "you have only 30 minutes left before you realize how I watch stuff that is right under my nose."

Anjali "areee not again please. Chote except it that she has succeeded in making a fool of you" but later changes it to "us" on seeing the expressions on his face.

Khushi grins at him. But she knew that he would not forget this easily and would get his own back on her later. But for the time being she had won.

Akash hands over an envelop to Khushi and says in a mischievous tone "this is for you Saali Sahiba (wife's sister). I know this is the first and the last time I am going to call you that. God I was so happy to have a Saali who I could flirt with but Bhai has snatched this right from me. So my dear Saaliji lets enjoy for sometime before I end up calling you Bhabhiji".

Khushi blushes and Arnav looks around to see if Sham had heard it but he was talking to someone on the other end of the hall. He heaves a sigh of relief. He did not want to take any chances with him and wanted it to remain a secret till the last minute.

Anjali turns to Nani and buaji and asks them if they could now have Chote and Khushi's wedding. They all agree.

Anjali pulls Khushi aside and asks her if she would like to change her dress for her ceremony, as her Amma had told her that she would like to change.

Khushi nods and goes to her room.

Arnav had noticed Anjali talking to Khushi and her rushing to her room, but could not understand the reason.

Anjali then gestures Akash and Payal to take the stage and announce Arnav's wedding.

Payal and Akash stand in the center of the stage and Akash asks everyone to kindly pay attention to what he had to say. Akash "I would like to thank all of you for having taken out the time to join us and shower us with your blessings. It's our pleasure and honour to have you with us." He pauses for a minute and then continues. "we have a surprise for the day. Today is a very special day for me not because I married the person I love but also because my elder brother Arnav has consented to marry. Since it was very difficult to convince him on this topic, we have decided to pounce on the opportunity today itself. You never know when he might go back on his words, though this time I doubt it as he has already chosen a bride for himself, his lady love. I would request you all to join us in celebrating Arnav's wedding with his lady love." He then turns to Arnav "Bhai come on the stage, we'll call your lady love for you. Di".

He signals Anjali to bring the jaimals that Khushi and Arnav were to exchange.

Sham comes near Anjali and asks her "Rani Sahiba you did'nt tell me that my elder saala sahib was also getting married today."

Anjali "well I wanted to,but you were not there yesterday and today also you came in so late that I did not get time to tell you about it."

Sham "who is the bride," Anjali "Khu" before Anjali could finish it Akash calls her.

Akash "Di, the panditji (priest) is saying, it's time for the jaimal so please bring her."

Anjali nods and goes to get the bride.