Part 6

Arnav asks her if she is ready to do anything that he asks her. She nods without looking at him.

Arnav "kiss me Khushi"

Khushi "kaya"

Arnav "you heard me right kiss me"

Khushi "no I am not"

Arnav " you are going back on your words. I thought u said something like zabaan di ha"

Khushi "but "

Arnav " no problem, forget it. I know it, u cannot do it and it was all a drama"

Khushi " ok"

Arnav "ok, what?"

Khushi " close your eyes"

Arnav " what the"

Khushi " ssshhh close your eyes"

Arnav closes his eyes. Khushi looks at him. He looked so smart and handsome and so like a small child. All the pent up anger was missing. A simple man was standing in front of her. Khushi kept looking at him. She knew that it was her only chance to run away, but Khushi being Khushi could not do so. She knew that it was also the last time when he would be so vulnerable to her. She couldn't resist herself. She slowly places her one hand on his heart. She could hear his heart going thud thud, and how it started racing under her palm. With the other hand she cups his cheek. Arnav was enjoying her feel , her touch. He did not want to open his eyes. It felt so good to feel her so close to him, to lose everything to this girl, have no inhibitions, no mask, nothing to hide. For the first time it felt so right. He could have given all his wealth and possessions for this moment to last for ever. Khushi goes up on her toes. Arnav could feel her warm breath on his lips. Khushi looks at those lips and wants to kiss them but stops herself. She knows that if she kisses them once then she would not be able to stop him or more importantly herself from him. She realized how much she loved him the minute she had seen the scorpion on his hands. He had meant the world to her and if he had asked for anything else also at this time she would willingly agree to it. She thinks of the past moments they had spent together .She knows that he is beyond her reach and he is only doing this to ease way his ego and that it would mean nothing to him when he would open his eyes, but for her it was the first and the last time she was kissing him, or for that matter any man. She had given her heart and soul to this lad governor of hers. A tear rolls down her eye. She closes her eyes and quickly kisses him on the cheeks.

Arnav "what the?" he opens his eyes. He looks at the single tear drop on her cheeks and feels sorry for making her do it.

Khushi had inched away from him and could not take in his concern or any other emotion at this time. She changes the topic.

Khushi " what the kaya"

Arnav " you know what I mean." Arnav is concerned about the tear that was still there on her cheeks.

Khushi "look the deal was that I would do anything that u asked me to do and I did. You never said I was to understand what u meant and do accordingly. Where and how was not specified so thats it".

Arnav "Khushi" in his husky voice. He was trying to gauge her feelings now. This was not what he had expected from her, discussing the kiss as if it was a casual thing.

Khushi looks up into his eyes and starts feeling dizzy. Her eyelids are heavy and her vision begins to blurr. She thinks that it is because of his close proximity. She is in a dream and the kiss was a dream too and her eyes start closing. A faint smile appears on her lips.She clutches on to Arnav's shirt and whispers "Arnav ji" and faints in his arms.