Chapter 10

I was playing with a few of Normani's younger cousins when her Ex came up to me.

" Can we talk" he said.

" Yeah sure wassup" i said not trying to be rude.

I stood up and we walked away from the kids. He tried to act tough but I could tell I intimidate him.

" listen I don't want you coming in here thinking you was gonna take my spot" he said.

" Take your spot" i said confused.

" Yeah take my spot. I built a bond with this family and I ain't gon have you over here trying to ruin it" he said.

I laughed in his face. " Dude your an Ex for a reason and plus we just vibing we got something going on but we not together" I said.

" Well I don't care I will always have a place in Normani's heart" he said trying to run it in my face.

" Okay and... Was that suppose to make me mad or.." I said confused.

" Listen here" he said getting upset he wasn't getting a reaction out of me.

I felt a hand quickly snatch me back as normani stood in between us. She looked at me then back at him.

" Jason don't start.. not today" she said.

" Why not I'm telling her the truth" he said smirking.

" Before maybe but with her your not. I'll always have love for you yes but how I feel for y/n is different" she said pulling me away.

Once we were a safe distance away she cupped my face.

" Are you okay" she asked.

" Yeah he was just saying things thinking I was gonna get mad or something" I said.

" he has a Toxic habit everytime I try and get someone new... I'm sorry about him" she sighed.

" it's cool he ain't upset me" i said.

She looked at my lips and back up at me.

" If you wanna kiss me just do it" i said.

She smashed our lips together and it was passionate until she tried to deepen it. I wouldn't let her because we were outside with her family. She pulled away and looked at me.

" Why won't you let me deepen it" she whined.

" We're here to spend time with your family.. not them watch us make out" I explained.

" So we can just do both" she said trying to kiss me again.

I pulled back. " Later I promise" I said kissing her forehead. Out the corner of my eye I see Jason looking at us. I smirked and saluted him.

" I want to get some hot Cheetos you want anything from the store" I asked her.

" Yeah but I'll come with" she said walking to her mom. They talked for a little then we went to my car. I started it up and pulled out of they're driveway. I headed to the nearest gas station with the direction of Normani. She told me to pull over really quick cause something was wrong. I did and parked the car. We were at a park which was kinda secluded. We both took off our seatbelts. I went to go check her when she climbed across my lap and straddled me.I pushed the seat back. I don't want her to hit the horn.

" Normani what are you doing" I asked.

" I've been bothered since we danced early and you need to fix it" she said grinding on my lap. I tried to keep her still but she was just going.

" We aren't fucking in my car Normani"I said.

" please I-"

" I don't want our first time to be in a car besides I want to take you on a real date first" i said.

She stopped what she was doing and just sat there on me.

" I thought if I gave you what you probably wanted it would save me the heartbreak" she said quietly.

" Normani you think I only want you for sex" i said kinda hurt and shocked in one.

" No.. Yes .. Maybe. Look Oliver is right there are so many girls in the world and out everyone you choose me" she said as I watched a tear fall from her eyes.

" Normani look at me" i said cupping her cheeks. She refused to at first but eventually gave in.

" I promise I'm not using you for sex. I actually really like you.. I'm not just saying it. Your the first girl I can say I have really fallen for in the last few weeks" i said.

" You really like me" she said with a small smile.

" Yes I really like you" I said as my smile matched hers.

" I'm sorry about this" she sighed.

" No reason to apologize let's go get your snacks and we get back to your parents and watch some movies" i said.

She gave me a quick kiss and put her head on my shoulder.

" I have to drive" I told her confused.

" I know so go" she said.

I chuckled at her sassiness I got comfortable so I can drive and pulled off.