chapter 19

It's been 2 days since my grandma died, 3days since the break up. I'm in pain. The funeral is Sunday and it's Thursday. I've been spending a lot of time with my mom and she's out of it bad. Tonight we're having our annual movie nights we used to have on her days off from work. As she was making the popcorn my phone started ringing. It was Dinah. I picked it up and put it to my ear.

" Hey Dj what's up" I asked.

" Are you okay we heard about your grandma.. I've been trying to reach you for two days now" she said.

" I'm sorry Dinah I'm just going through it right now. I'm spending as much time with my family as I can especially my mom" I told her.

" That's understandable can we see you soon maybe I really want to check up on you in person" she said.

" Maybe right now I.. I just don't know" I told her.

" Thats understandable .. Stay safe y/n" she said before she hung up. I sighed and put my phone down as my mom came from out the kitchen.

" You ready" she asked sitting next to me.

" Yes ma'am" I said with the first smile I cracked in two days.

Time Skip

She fell asleep. I cleaned everything up and turned the Tv off. I picked her up bridal style and brought her into her room. I laid her down and tucked her in.

I debated on sleeping with her or in my room. I haven't took a nap or went to sleep with my mom in years. I decided to sleep with her. I got in her bed and cuddled up to her like I did as a kid. I closed my eyes thankful for this moment. I drifted to sleep.

I woke up to the sun shining into the room. I sat up and stretched I haven't slept like that in years. I looked at my mom and she was still sleep. She's usually up before me but that's okay because I can make us breakfast. I quickly went downstairs and got started before she woke up.

I made eggs, Bacon, pancakes, and some juice to wash it down. She surprisingly hasn't woke up yet still. I put every on a lil Tray and walked it upstairs. I walked in the room and sat it on the bed. I walked to her side and stooped down.

" Ma I made you breakfast" I said with a small smile.

Nothing

" ma" i said shaking her lightly.

Nothing

I checked her pulse and didn't feel a single heart beat.

" No no no no" I said jumping up looking for my phone.

I quickly called 911 and told them everything. I kept them on the line as I did CPR on her.

" come on ma please" I said starting to cry cause it wasn't working. I heard a band on the door and I ran down the steps. I opened the door and they rushed in.

They started doing work on her trying to get her back but nothing.

" I'm sorry but she's dead" the Emt worker said.

I felt my world end completely. The two most important women that showed me life gone all in the same week.

Time Skip to after the funerals

I was in the car looking off a cliff as my phone was ringing. Everyone was trying to get in touch with me but I wouldn't pick up. I finished my 4 bottle of henny and threw it out the window. My phone stopped ringing then started again. I decided to see who was calling and it was Trey. I picked it up to apologize of what was about to happen.

( trigger warning because i know somethings could trigger a person)

" Hello" i said sitting back.

" Y/n.. oh god y/n we've been calling you for the last 6hours where are you" he asked.

" Don't worry about it Trey it won't matter" i said

" What do you mean it don't matter.. Y/n-"

" I can't Trey... I really can't.. They were my reason to live, to make music, to grind the way I was. I have nothing now. It went break up to deaths. Normani thinks I'm a freak all this time. After me letting my guard all she thinks I am is a fucking freak.. my dad was right.. No women wants me they're gonna just want what's in my pants" I chuckled at the end.

" Y/n that's not true.. Normani might of said some fucked up things but she doesn't think your a freak. And for everything else you know they would want you to keep grinding and going. To not let this get yo-"

" I'm over it" I laughed. " this is what I want to do. To be able to see them again. To hug them" i said starting to cry.

" Y/n listen we can figure out a different way to handle your pain and stress.. Where are you" he asked again.

" I'm at my secret spot Trey but it'll be to late by the time you get here" I said lighting a blunt.

I hit a few times listening to Trey tell me he's almost here. I thew the blunt out the window and took the car off of park.

" Goodbye Trey" i said hitting the gas going over the cliff.

The car tumbled a bit before everything went black.

A/N

just because dino wanted to threaten my dreams here is a lovely chapter for you all.