chapter 18

It's been a few months since the whole Jason thing and lemme tell you shit had just gotten worse. Normani and I are always clashing heads now then have to go to some damn place and act happy. She don't look at me like she use to at all. My grandma is really sick and is in the hospital. I've been doing the run around lately for everything. I'm just so tired.

" Y/n are you ready to go to my parents" Normani asked.

" Yeah I guess" I said getting up. I grabbed my keys and we headed out the door. We got in the car and we got going.

" Hey listen I was wanting to talk to you about my album" i said.

" Okay and" she said.

" Well you know how I have trouble just putting out music I wanted you to hear it as a second opinion before you go on tour again you know" I said.

" Yeah well I'm a little busy we'll see about me listening to it" she said on her phone not even giving me a glance. I just sighed and continued to drive.

We pulled up to the house and I parked she immediately got out and started walking. I sat in the car for a few minutes. When I saw someone come out it was Blair. He saw my car and walked up to it. He knocked on the window and opened the door and got in.

" Alright what's up with you two. You guys don't seem happy anymore, you look tired, what's going on" he asked.

" You ever tired of faking happiness for someone who just doesn't care" i asked looking at him. He went to answer but I started talking again. " Cause I am" I said.

" Y/n look-"

" No Blair.. I'm tired of feeling like shit. I did the whole PR thing and then I broke the contract of it because she felt some type of way which my management didn't take lightly and I'm being punished for it by them rushing to put our 2 albums, more interviews, and concerts, meet and greets. Blair I'm tired man.. I have to deal with family, relationship that is one sided and management that's a lot to juggle" i said finally letting everything out.

" Listen I know your ready to give up but not yet okay just.. just come inside with us and have a few drinks to relax yourself a bit.. I can talk to yoncé about everything if you want to see if she can straighten your management out and jay would love to have you in his label" he said.

" No it's fine... I got myself in to this now I got to get myself out... let's just go inside" i said grabbing my note book and getting out the car.

Blair got out and I locked the door. i made sure to grab my mini song book. I walked into the house and greeted everyone. Normani was talking to Jason and I rolled my eyes. I saw mama drea was near by and I decided to talk to her.

" Hey mama" i said with a small smile.

" Y/n it's good to see you ag- you look tired have you been sleeping like we talked about" she asked.

" No I haven't I'm still doing a lot of stuff" I said.

She sighed. " You have to take care of yourself more y/n" she touched the side of my face.

Crazy her own mother cares about my well being more than she does.

" I'll try" I said walking away to sit on the couch and sat down.

I started writing some lyrics down for another song I've been working on.

" You see what I mean?

" Look...I don't know how to talk to you I don't know how to ask you if you're okay My friends always feel the need to tell me things Seems like they're just happier than us these days Yeah These days I don't know how to talk to you I don't know how to be there when you need me It feels like the only time you see me Is when you turn your head to the side and look at me differently Yeah" I mumbled while writing it down.