26

I saw a sunset. And a silhouette of a person. I felt, peaceful.
"Hello?" I said quietly.
"I'll miss you." He said.
"You sound.. familiar."
"I am." He said.
"What do you mean you'll miss me?"
"I think- I think I might be gone.. for- a while."
"Where are you going?"
"To the clouds. I can watch you from up there."
"So your gonna die?!"
"Seems so."
"Who are you?!"
"You'll find out. I'm sorry we didn't have many memories. But you were truly, a great friend. And you saved my life."
"Huh? When-"
"Remember the first camp you ever went too with a couple of your friends?" He said.
"Oh.. oh no please don't tell me your one of my friends."
"I am. And I'm sorry we have to say goodbye this way."
"How? How are we saying goodbye? This is a Dream." I asked.
"They let me give you, closure. You need it most. Especially after everything."
"Wait- so, who are you?"
"I'm fading. Thank you, the night you told me that life is worth living I stayed because of you. And now, I lived my life to the fullest."
"Who are you?"
"Shh. You'll find out. Just, remember me. Okay?"
"Okay..."
"You'll know who I am.. soon. Until we meet again."
"So- your dead?"
"No. Not yet. I'm alive, but I'm going to die." He chuckled.
"Oh.. okay. So, this is the goodbye I'll get?"
"It's better than the others. You get a dream that lasts longer than a simple 'goodbye' while everyone else, gets a simple goodbye. Or not."
"Well.. thank you. I probably will need this."
"I knew you would. Never give up on what you care about. Okay?"
"Okay.." I hesitated.
"Promise me?"
I sighed. "I promise."
The dream ended.
What's it with dreams these days?! It's kind of creepy. Although, I probably needed that. For.. closure? Or whatever that meant.
I opened my eyes.
"Good morning sleepyhead." He giggled.
"Good morning.." I sighed.
"What's wrong? Did you have another dream?" He asks.
"Yeah.. but this time- it was.. different." I chuckled.
"Oh really? What about?" He smiled.
"Uh.. Um." I tried to get the words out to tell him. Nothing came out.
"It's okay if you don't want to tell me. I understand." He chuckled.
"It- it's not that. I just can't get it out." I laughed.
He smiled and hugged me tighter.
"Want to go get some breakfast? We have some left over things." Wilbur asked.
"Sure!" I grab my phone and head downstairs with him.
"Good morning. Dickheads." Tommy said.
"Your in a good mood today." I laughed.
"I- *he sighs* why did you tell Tubbo about you guys kissing and not me!" He whined.
"Because you, can't keep a secret." Wilbur crossed his arms.
"I can! I promise I can." Tommy laughed.
"Sure." I added.
"Also, they didn't tell me. I saw it." Tubbo pointed out.
"Yep." I agreed.
Tommy sighed.
I got a notification from my phone. Oh great. It better not be Carter again.

Unknown number
Hello, Y/n. I hope you are doing well! I came to inform you that your friend, Chris, has passed away earlier this morning. We are so sorry to tell you this way, but we can't find any other contact. We would love to have you at the funeral, and give a speech, for Chris always said that you saved his life. It is completely okay if you don't want to. We understand the grief you might be going through. Again, we are so sorry that we had to tell you this way. I hope we can help you get closure in any way. Thank you.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed.
"Y/n?!" Tubbo sounded really alarmed.
"No! No no no, I'm dreaming." I laughed at myself.
"What?"
"Please tell me this is a dream!" I screamed.
"It's not! What's going on?!" Wilbur exclaimed.
"Oh my god." I put my hands on my forehead.
HOW. HOW?!
"Y/n? What's happening?!" Tommy yelled.
"He's dead." I whispered.
"Who? Carter?!" Tommy smiled.
"N-no." I pulled out my phone again and read the text another time.
"Chris- he's dead."
"You mean the 'first ever friend' you had when you were younger?" Tubbo asked.
"Yeah.." I felt tears in my eyes.
"Oh.. y/n." Wilbur hugged me. I hugged him back.
But then I realized...
WAIT. THE DREAM.
"HOLY SHIT." I yelled.
"What?!" Wilbur yelled. We both let go of the hug.
"WILBUR I DREAMT ABOUT THIS!!" I yelled.
"Calm down!" Tommy screamed.
"I- I.. he said goodbye to me.. in the dream. He said he wanted to give me closure.. Will.. I could've stopped him from dying.. I knew someone was going to die today.. it's my fault."
"It's not your fault! It's not. I promise you." Wilbur held both of my hands.
"Y/n. It's not your fault. Okay? Like- you didn't know who it was, right?" Tubbo joined in.
"N-no."
"Then it isn't your fault. Did he say anything else in the dream?" Tommy asked.
"He just said, that I was a good friend. And that he wants me to have closure." I took a deep breath.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry this happened." Will told me.
"I-it's okay. I- he said goodbye.. I have closure.. I- I have.. closure." A tear rolled down my cheek.
"Y/n.. it's okay.. it's okay not to feel okay." Tubbo assured me.
"I-I think.. I think I should be alone. For a little.. I'm sorry." I said.
"Take all the time you need." Tommy told me.
I ran up the stairs. I closed my door behind me, wiping the tears from my eyes.
I ripped out the box of pictures.
There was almost 9 pictures with him. From a while ago, but it was still him.
"Why.." I said to myself.
I never loved him. I never did. In that way. But he was my first friend. Ever. So, I guess.. it's just hard for me to grasp that he's gone. After camp we lost complete contact of each other. So, I hadn't seen him in a while. But I still had memories.
I held the pictures in my hands, shuffling through each one. Over, and over again.
I took a deep breath.
He gave me closure. He made sure I was the person he said goodbye too. So.. I think I'm okay. Here, I know what'll make me- wait. I have an idea.
I wiped more tears.
I'll write a song for him. It's always comforting. It's like a coping method. I guess. Songs distract me from reality. Singing is what helps me feel okay.
I picked up my guitar and sat on my bed.
(the song- 'Dream of you' by Mxmtoon.)