46

I woke up the next morning. I went upstairs and brushed my teeth, got a shower, and got ready for the day. I went over to my dresser and looked up. I saw the photos of me and Nina together. That night.
...

* a couple years ago. *

...
"Hey, are you hungry? I have a croissant in my bag." I said, sitting next to my cousin.
"Um.. we're at a wedding..?" She said.
"Okay? I asked if you were hungry. Not where we are." I replied.
"... y/n. We are at a wedding. Not some feast." She said.
"...why is that a problem..?" I asked.
She looked at me, then forward, then me again. She sighed, "fine. I'm glad you asked." She giggled.
I handed her the croissant. It was wrapped, so it isn't gross or anything.
"Why are we here again?" I asked her, leaning into the back of my chair and crossing my arms.
"One of our family members or whatever are getting married." She said with her mouth full.
I chuckled at her. "And.. what's their name?" I asked.
She looked at me and her eyes widened. "Uh- uh- let me just.. finish this first." She tried to change the subject.
I laughed as quiet as I could.
"What's going on back here, girls?" Nina's father said, looking back at us.
"Nothing." I said, quickly.
"Mhm. Okay." He laughed.
I always liked Nina's dad. He was always the one to watch out for Nina and I. He gave me presents at Christmas, he made me feel like my opinions mattered most of the time, and he didn't tattle on Nina and I when we would sneak a chocolate or two. He was cool.
The groom and bride were officially husband and wife.
"Wooo!! That's how it's supposed to be!" My mom cheered.
I couldn't stand when she would do that. As you can tell, she's homophobic. Very.
Everyone cheered. It was time for all of us to eat, then we would all party and dance.
Nina, Nina's dad, my mom, Nina's mom, and I all sat at one table together. Nina was full since she had that croissant and her dad and I were laughing at her.
"Hey, look! It's not funny okay! This food looks so good!" She laughed.
"Exactly. But you have to admit, you love croissants." I laughed.
"I do love croissants." She chuckled.
The bride and groom had their dance together, then once that was done people joined in. People such as Nina's Mom and Dad. They looked so happy together. My mom, stared at them. She looked upset.
"Hey mom?" I said.
"Yes, hun?"
"Are you okay?" I asked. "We could go and show off to everyone our awesome dance moves." I laughed.
"I'm fine." She said. She looked back at Nina's parents.
"Are you sure-?"
"I said I'm fine!" She whisper-yelled. She grabbed my wrist tightly. She let go and walked quickly over to another family member to get away from me.
"Holy-" Nina said, she put her hand on my shoulder. We both looked at each other, she hugged me.
"Sorry.. about that." I apologized.
"No, don't. It wasn't your fault. Are you okay?" She asked.
"I'm okay, that happens sometimes." I laughed it off.
"Yeah.." she said.
It was silent for a little. Then, Nina's parents came back. So did my mom. They talked for a little while Nina and I stayed quiet. Then,
"Nina, Y/n! You should go dance. Y'all are adorable." Nina's mom said. She showed us off of our chairs.
"Oh no- I really don't think-" I said.
"Go on!" She giggled.
Me and Nina ran onto the dance floor with a bunch of other kids. Teenagers, and children. Just us. No adults. Parents recorded from their seats as their children had the time of their lives.
Yes, you could say Nina and I felt like the main characters in this moment. And, we probably were in someone's eyes.
I almost tripped over my own foot, someone grabbed my hand. They helped me up.
"WOAH! You okay?!" They exclaimed.
He looked about my age. Maybe a little older.
"Oh! Yeah! I'm fine, thank you!" I said.
Nina got called over by her parents right then, so I kind of walked off alone, waiting for her.

*Nina's POV*

"Yeah?" I said, I played with my fingers.
"You should go make Y/n and that guy talk." My mom suggested.
"But- Y/n and I are having fun on our own-" I replied.
"Nina. Go make y/n talk to him. Now." My mom demanded.
"Dear, don't you think maybe- Nina and Y/n should have some fun together? I mean- they don't see each other as much as they used too-" my dad stepped in.
"Can it." My mom demanded.
I took a breath, "mom, I just want to have fun.. please." I begged.
"Nina, you know what will happen-"
"Fine." I sighed. I didn't want to hear the rest of that sentence.
I walked over to Y/n. I sighed, I really hope this doesn't turn into something bad in the future. I really hope nothing bad happens to Y/n. I've heard some stories about this guy, and he isn't so nice.