Babysitting. (Phineas)

After the whole Baljeet thing blew over, life was actually pretty boring for a while. Nothing happened for a solid week. I found myself, dragging myself to work each day, trying(and failing) to have a good attitude. But we had no interesting assignments, no fun designs, even Josh was out sick..so I didn't even have to deal with him.

After one such day of work. When it was time to leave. I stood up slowly, stretching my legs. Erick stood up next to me. He looked like he was completely out of it. I grabbed his arm, and his gaze refocused on me.

" Hey, man. You ok?" I asked. He sighed and ran a hand down his face.

" Yeah. The twins have just been...a lot lately." He began. I nodded, encouraging him to continue.

" You see, they just learned how to walk. And they have been literally running Em and I into the ground. We just can't catch a break." He said. My face twisted in sympathy, as I watched my tired friend, close his eyes and lean back against his table.

" Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't  give up Maya and Kayden for anything, but  I just need a break. Ya know?" He said more to himself than to me. I didn't know, not having kids myself....yet. but I hummed in agreement. He smiled and straightened, heading for the door.

" Hey Erick!" I called after him. He turned back.

" What if I watched the twins for you, tomorrow. Than you and Em can get away for the day. Catch a break." I offered. He looked at me in Surprise for a moment.

" That would be great. But watching them is a two man job. It takes both me and Em together to control them" He said turning back.

" What if Isabella came with me?" I suggested, praying she didn't ready have something planned. Erick paused again before turning back with a huge smile on his face.

" Phineas. That would be amazing. You have no idea. Let me run it by Em and I'll text you. Plus. How can I pass up the chance to meet this Isabella, you've fallen for?" He winked at me and practically skipped out of the building. I grinned and pulled out my phone sending a quick text to Isabella, asking her to call whenever she had a chance.

She called as soon as I got home

" Hey Phin! What's up!?" Her cheery voice rang out from the phone. I could not resist a grin.

" Hey Izzy. Are you free tomorrow?" I asked. I could almost hear the head tilt, following my statement.

" Yeah... Why?" Came the reply.

" I have a huge favor to ask..." I hesitated.

" Alright. Shoot!" She answered. I explained the situation to her.

" Would you please help me baby sit Erick and Ems twins tomorrow? Please. I don't think I can physically do it on my own." I ended. Silence....

"Of course I'll help babysit. I love kids and would be glad to help your friend out!" Came the eager reply. I breathed a sigh of relief.

" Thank you. Erick is gonna text me the details. Of Em says yes. Which, knowing her, she will." I said.

" No problem. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there!" She said.

" You are amazing. Thank you!" I said. She giggled.

" Alright, night Phin!"

" Night Izzy!" I replied. She hung up. I grinned at the ceiling. I was so immensely grateful she was willing and able to help. I really didn't want to let Erick down. My phone buzzed.

" Well, that's ironic..." I mumbled to myself. The text was from Erick. He confirmed that Em was 100% ok with this and very grateful. He asked if we could be there at 8am. I quickly agreed and the plan was set. I sent the info to Isabella. She didn't reply instantly, so I let my phone drop to my stomach. I felt a shiver of excitement. I got to spend the whole day with Isabella. And watch cute kids. Could this get any better? My phone vibrated, startling me. I picked it up. It was from Isabella