something fishy(Isabella)

I was sitting alone in my dorm room, trying to focus on the work in front of me. My mind just wasn't there today. Tracy was out with Buford. I hadn't heard from Phineas in a solid four days. I leaned back in my chair sighing. I glanced down.

" I'm not gonna get anything done am I?" I said aloud. I glanced around the room and my eyes fell on a sweater my mom.had made for me a little while ago.  A smile crossed my face. I hadn't seen my mom in a while. Not since Candace's wedding and only briefly then.

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts dialing her number. It rung a couple times before she picked up

" Hello?"

" Hey mom it's me."

" Oh Isa! My darling how are you?" She exclaimed loudly. I grinned.

" I'm good how are you?"

" Oh fine fine. Busy as ever!" She exclaimed.

" Good! Would it be ok if I came over for a bit? I'm having a hard time focusing and need a break." My mom was quiet for a minute and I could've sworn I heard a voice in the background

" Mom? Do you have someone over?" I asked curiously.

" Me? Oh no! That is just the uh. T.v!" She defended almost too quickly. I pit my lip.

" Ok.... So can I come over?" I tried again

" Oh yes. Just give me one hour. I want to clean the house before you come!" She declared. I laughed.

" Mom. I loved on that house for 18 years. I don't mind if it's a bit messy."

" I know but it would make me feel better!" I shook my head smiling fondly.

" Alright alright. See you in a bit momma." I said

" Yes. Bye. I love you Isa!"

" Live you too mom. Bye."

She hung up. I looked down at the table in front of me. Nope. I'm not doing any more work. I quickly and neatly put my work away. It took about ten minutes. It was a half an hour drive to my mom's house. I paced around the kitchen feeling antsy. Surely my mom wouldn't mind if I was just a few minutes early. She was only cleaning the house. I grabbed my keys and headed out.

I sat in the car and pulled out my phone opening Tracy's contact. I sent her a quick text explaining where I was gonna be. She replied, telling me she and Buford were gonna be out late at the movies. I grinned. Those two. I half expected a marriage proposal to be announced soon.

As I closed the text stream. My gaze fell on Phineas' name. I frowned opening it. I had sent him several texts over the past few days. And he had left me on read. I made a mental note to stop by his place sometime in the next few days. I was worried about him.

I shut off my phone and pulled out into the road. I was so lost in thought that I made it to my mom's house almost without realizing it. I stopped in front of my old house and slipped out of the car. A passing car caught my attention up a little ways. My eyes widened. That was Phineas' car. I wondered what he was doing up here. I shook my head. He was probably just visiting his parents. It really wasn't any of my business. Even if I wished he would have told me. I walked up to my door and knocked. It took quite a long time for my Mom to answer.

" Isabella! Hello! You are early!"

" Sorry. I jus couldn't wait" I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. My mom looked.equal parts relieved and excited.

" Well I'm glad you didn't come earlier. I uh. Just finished the..cleaning" she stammered. I raised an eyebrow.

" Mom?. What's going on? You are acting kinda weird." She shook her head, the biggest smile ever appearing on her face.