Hurricane!(Isabella)

I slept horribly. The storm around me terrified me, but The man down the hall scared me more. Why was he being so kind to me? Especially after the way I left things. I yelled at him, told him I didn't love him anymore and then ignored him for three years. And suddenly I show up on his doorstep and he takes me in with open arms, gave me warm, dry clothes and a place to sleep. I didn't deserve the kindness he was giving me. I sighed, it was really good to see him again. I really did miss him. After all we were best friends from the tender age of three to highschool graduation. I smiled Softly to myself. And with that thought in mind, managed to drift off into a fitful and un-restful sleep.
    .      💗🧡 💗🧡💗🧡💗🧡

" Isabella? Are you awake under there?" A soft voice said. I bolted upright, fell off the couch and landed unceremoniously on my butt. I pulled the blanket off my head and glared at Phineas who was trying valiantly not to laugh.

". Don't you dare " I said. He took one look at my face and completely lost it. He fell to the couch hugging his sides. As he laughed, I felt a smile tug at my lips. His laugh had always been so contagious. My phone began ringing to my surprise. I pulled it out while the red head in front of me got his bearings back. I checked the caller ID. It was my roommate Tracy. I picked it up.

" Hello?" I said casually.

" Oh my gosh! Where are you?! Are you ok?! Are you trapped in this hurricane!?" I laughed.

" Hey Trace. Sorry. My car broke down in on my way home and my reception went out because of the storm. As for where I am.... Wait did you say hurricane!?"

" Yeah it's a really powerful one, like biggest ever recorded. They don't expect it to end until the end of the month." I felt my blood run cold.

" An entire month?" I whispered.

" Yeah. Please tell me you're safe somewhere and not alone." She begged.

" I'm fine. Totally safe. And I'm not alone. I'm with an old...friend." my gaze flicked over to Phineas who was doing something in the kitchen.

" Ok. Stay safe." I grinned

" I'll try."

" By Is!" She said

" By Trace!" I hung up the phone. Just in time to, the storm picked up and my reception went out again. I leaned against the wall, groaning. A month!? I had to spend a month here? With Phineas? I watched the storm rage outside. A shiver went down my back.  A gentle hand fell on my shoulder making me jump. Phineas was behind me holding a mug of hot chocolate with whipped cream on top. I grinned and took the mug. We used to make that as kids all the time. I still did. It made me strangely happy to know that Phineas did too. I dipped the chocolate and smiled softly. I glanced at Phineas and saw a satisfied look on his face. I quickly dropped my smile. He turned from me and sat on the couch, drinking his own chocolate. After a while he looked at me.

" How did you sleep?" He asked. I hesitated before walking over and sitting on the couch with him.

" Not good." I admitted his brow wrinkled in concern.

" Was it the couch? The clothes? I knew I should've-" I cut him off

" No no! Everything you did was fine. It was just well... The storm." Understanding dawned in his eyes

" Is it still bad? Like when we were kids?" He was referring to my nightmares. I used to have horrible nightmares about my dad. He was killed in a storm. Lightning had hit a tree and it had fallen on his car as he was driving home late one night. It had killed him instantly. Ever since that day storms brought nightmares. Phineas had spent many a night on the phone with me talking all throughout the night. I nodded

" Not as bad, but still not good." He nodded grimacing.

" How bad were they last night?" I realised that I hadn't really had nightmares last night. I had actually been thinking about Phineas. My cheeks darkened slightly.

" Uh not bad at all, thankfully."  He gave me a sympathetic look

" I'm sorry Isabella," he said softly I shrugged

" Not your fault." He frowned.

" If you had nightmares you should have woken me up. I would have talked them away." I grinned and stood up walking to the kitchen and setting my mug on the counter.

" Thanks Phineas. You always were good at talking things out of their minds"

" Hey!" He sounded offended. I giggled  and turned back to him. He was looking at me funny.

" What?" I asked he shook his head and blinked

" Nothing... Wanna watch a movie?" I shrugged

" Depends on what movie?" He held up a box. I glanced at the title and laughed

" Is that... Stumbleberry Finkbat?" He grinned

" The one and only"

" Let's do it"

Sorry for the inconsistent updates. I will try and upload two to three times a week. Thanks for reading!!!!
-Phinbella4eva