Chapter 4 - Mess

Evangeline Mayford

For the first time in my life, I spend my birthday with someone. He's practically a stranger to me since we just know each other today but at least, I'm not that lonely.

Silas didn't ask me why he has to sing me a birthday song and I'm thankful for that.

He ate the ice cream with me and he didn't ask anything about me anymore. I looked at the wound on my elbow since the blood already dry up.

"Do you have a emergency kit?" I turned to Silas and he was asking the cashier for it. The cashier gave it to him and he walked back to me. He pulled his seat closer to me and started taking care of my wound.

"Will it be worth it for you to chase over Logan?" He asked and I just don't want to answer his question.

"He's in love with someone else." He looked up to me and we both stared at each other for a split second.

"You don't understand." I said as he put a bandage over my wound.

"I don't, but at least.. I won't force someone to like or love me. There's no use for that." He said and I decided to continue eating my ice cream.

"You know, you can leave. I'll grab a taxi later on." I said without looking at him. He got up from his seat and he put his hands into his pocket.

"Very well, I keep your promise that you'll grab a taxi later on." He said and I nodded. He gave the emergency kit back and then he left. I finished the ice cream and decided to stay here for a little bit.

I decided to order a waffle since I'm still so hungry. After I finished my waffle, I put my highheels again and decided to walk home since I'm four blocks away from my apartment.

I walked out from the ice cream shop and started to walk home.

Silas Quinton

Just like I predicted, she won't go home with a taxi. She was walking and I can't believe that she decided to walk. I want to call her crazy so bad.

She was walking again with her high heels on and she was walking slowly making it hard for me to avoid cars that wanted to go fast. I kept looking out for her since I know her stubborn head won't make her take a taxi home.

She kept looking at the wound on her hand and she took the bandage off making me want to pull over and scold her for it. She threw the bandage to the closer trash can and she then saw a homeless woman.

She walked over to that woman and she kneeled in front of her talking. The homeless woman started yo talk to her as she listened to her without saying anything.

Evangeline suddenly took out a big amount of cash from her clutch giving it to the homeless woman. The homeless woman hugged her tightly and Evangeline smiled as she patted her back.

The homeless woman thanked her again and again before letting Evangeline go. She started to walk again but this time she walked without stopping. She arrived at a luxury apartment building and she walked inside.

I pulled over near that apartment and what I saw earlier made me feel guilty for judging her so quickly. Something within me just moved and I'm pretty sure that she's more than we all think she is.

Evangeline Mayford

I walked into my room and looked at the cheesecake that I left. I sat in front of it and started to eat it again. I sat there for a couple of minutes before I grabbed a new phone from my drawer.

I walked out from my room to grab a champagne from the fridge. I drank it straight from the bottle.

'Will it be worth it for you to chase over Logan?' Silas' words from earlier rang in my ears. Will it be worth it? I know how much Logan worth and he might be the perfect man for me. I have to be selfish and there's no going back. My parents didn't raise me to be a coward.

I decided to dial my mom's number as I drank my champagne.

"Where are you?" My mom bursted.

"Mom, tell the Reeds that we have to proceed with the engagement soon. I want to announce to the public that we're engaged and soon to be married." I said without hesitation.

"That's my girl, I'll let them know."

Silas Quinton

"That woman!" Logan hissed as he choked himself with white wine. I didn't expect her to tie Logan after two days ago.

Yesterday, after I spent my dad's birthday. Logan called me completely pissed. Timmy tried to calm him down but it wasn't working. We had dinner together but Logan went crazy by drinking a lot.

Today, he's going crazy again. He booked a private room in his favorite bar and made me and Timmy come.

"She knew that I love Lisa, why is she trying to ruin my relationship?" Logan protested for the thousand time and I turned to Timmy.

"That's Evangeline for you. She really should change her last name to Hell instead of Mayford." Timmy said and I sighed.

"My parents really picked getting 15% shares from Mayford Fashion and Jewelry than seeing their son happy." Logan blabbered. Logan got up from his seat and walked out from the room leaving me and Timmy alone.

"Do you know what the scary thing is?"

"What?" I asked Timmy.

"You can't mess with Evangeline. Her words are law to a lot of people. When she said she'll marry Logan, there's no way to prevent that." Timmy said and he got up from his seat to make sure that Logan is okay.

"I rather stay away from this mess."