Chapter 8 - Get Lost

Evangeline Mayford

Mary brought a lot of groceries and I asked her to buy some hangers too. I want to change the hangers that Silas use. I bought some shelves for his shoes too.

For the first time in my life, I was excited to have someone else in this house. Even though it will be short for two months, at least.. I'll have a taste what it's like to be happy.

This morning, Silas dropped a couple of stuff. He brought some pans and just kitchen stuffs. He's a chef so of course he'll be experimenting with food. I told Mary to schedule buying groceries every 3 to 4 days starting from next week.

I spent my whole day to get ready to meet Silas' family. I'm not expecting them to like me since I bet he came from a really good family. I know it's hard for people to like me. I bought 2 wines and flowers for his parents since it's rude to come empty handed.

Silas texted me that he'll pick me up in 20 minutes.

Silas Quinton

"Please be nice." I warned my family after cooking for our dinner. I put all the plates in place and make sure everything perfect. I walked out from the house and Sean followed me.

"Don't worry about mom and dad, I'll make sure of that." Sean said.

"Thanks." I smiled and I got into my car. I drove towards her penthouse and suddenly I felt a little nervous for her to meet my family.

Once I arrived at the lobby, I called her to go down. After waiting for a solid 3 minutes, she opened my car door. She brought two bottles of wine and a big bouquet of flowers.

She put it all on the back seat and she put on her seatbelt. I drove away from her apartment building to go back to my house.

"What's your parents name?"

"Terry and Jess." I said and she nodded. After 15 minutes of driving, we arrived. She got out first taking the two wine bottles and the flowers. She looked at me nervously and I gestured to follow me.

I opened the door and my parents were already standing at the living room.

"Mr. and Mrs. Quinton." Angel greeted awkwardly.

"Welcome, Eva." We all turned to my brother, Sean. He walked to Eva and gave her a hug. She handed him one of the wines and then she walked closer to my parents nervously. She turned to me and I gestured her to just go.

She gave my mom the flowers and she gave the other wine bottle. My dad gave her a brief hug first then my mom followed.

"Let's have dinner together." Sean said and I'm glad that he's leading this.

"Sit here." I said to Angel and she nodded. She sat beside me and my parents sat across us. My brother sat between Angel and my mom. Angel looked at the food and she turned to me.

"You cooked all of this?" She asked and I nodded.

"Let's pray first." My dad said and he held my mom's. Angel looked at us confuse but I held her hand before closing my eyes. My dad led the prayer and I took a peak to Angel and she's closing her eyes so hard. I couldn't help but wanting to chuckle. My dad turned to Angel after we prayed to check on her.

"You can take whatever you want.. how many do you want?" I asked and she took one.

"You can take 5 and we won't judge you." My mom joked and I chuckled.

"Thankyou, I'll take more after I finish this." She said and I took three. My dad took two. We started eating our ice cream and we moved from the dining table to the living room to watch some football. My family is a big fan of football and Angel was not a fan of it.

She's confused about the situation but she tried so hard to understand it. Sean even explained to her most of the time and she just kept nodding her head.

"It's late, I'll drop her home." I said as I got up from the sofa. Angel got up too and she thanked my parents and Sean for the hospitality. She was so stiff and so formal. This proved that she never really mingle with people.

Explains why most of the people don't really like her? She's quite most of the time but I can tell that my family doesn't hate her. They tried to accept her and I'm thankful for that.

On our way back to her penthouse, none of us talk. She kept looking out from the window.

"How about your parents?" I asked since she never mentioned about them.

"They won't care. They only care about me marrying someone since they never seen me dating anyone." She answered in a lazy tone.

"But they really want you to be with Logan?" I asked curiously.

"No, I was the one who wanted him so badly. My parents was just helping me."

"They won't be surprise with us get married right?"

"They won't. Oh.. I forgot to tell you that we have a fitting in tomorrow." I stopped the car right at the red light.

"For what?"

"Tuxedo, our wedding." She said and I turned to her.

"Okay, where?"

"I'll text you the place and then we can buy wedding rings."

"You can buy it and pick it yourself." I said and she looked away.

"Okay."

"What else do you need for this wedding?" I asked and she shook her head.

"I'll already take care of everything, I was the one who wanted this so.. all you need to do is to come to the fitting and that's it." She said.

"Very well."

"Silas."

"Hmm?" I mumbled as I started to drive again.

"What do you want after we get divorce? I'm willing to give you anything you want." She asked.

"Just get lost.. I don't think I want to see you again after our marriage."